Yokohama, Japan

Hi to any site moderators,

I'm trying to send an email for support because I would like to change my username (can't find any option on the site).
But after I send it to the above address (which is given when I click on 'Contact Us') all I get is a reply from [email protected]

Sorry but can you help

Sweeeeeeden

This is a known problem. Sorry. You can PM me about moderation issues.

However, we don't allow users to change their name. This is one of two things that were underlined in the rules you accepted when you signed up.

TSSBAY01

you guys really ought to fix this, set up another email address that'll actually work if thats the prob. who knows what people could be trying to email about. drop the rule about changing names too, you guys have changed users names.

fix the functionality here, how hard can this stuff be.

canada

the reason for the name changing rule has been explained many times.

NC in the US of America

Who uses email to contact forum people anyway? that's what private messaging is for ain't it? :\

No but seirously... I hope this gets fixed soon.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

There is access to a list of mods at the bottom of every page on the site, if you need a hand working out who is and isn't going to be able to help you.

TSSBAY01

the thing about a centralized email with one person checking vs having to msg a specific person it that is more of an issue of it being inviting to anybody and not narrowing it down to a certain team member. i personally can understand not wanting a bunch of people to have to check a centralized email. but who says randy joe fm, new head in town is shy or has a question, or even a suggestion for the site thats a really good one? its a matter of being a constructive thing for the community even in terms of opportunity, you never know who may need it as well as offer it. besides, it cant be that big of an issue with 15 mods who could check it.

sometimes the layout and even the direction of this site can be confusing as simple and intuitive as it is and honestly the site could certainly stand for a FAQ to go along with the rules. the questions that get asked in general more than gives evidence to that. and the reason i say something like this is because these are things that can potentially make the site more sticky, and really thats what you want in a site. i understand a lot of people put effort forth here, and we all certainly appreciate it. but all the effort thats gone into it, a little more would only help, especially when it comes to things like subtle tweaks over time that make it more functional and easy to understand for the new users.