Today is the official release of the TeensyBoy.

What is a TeensyBoy ?
- It is simply a Arduinoboy on a Teensy 2.0.

What are the differences between Arduinoboy and TeensyBoy ?
- TeensyBoy is USB midi instead of classic Midi DIN connector, it doesn't need any driver just plus usb and it is recognized as a USB midi device

Is that all ?
- not exactly, Teensyboy is globally the same size as a Arduino Pro Mini ( so very small), more powerful than a Arduino Pro mini (doesn't change anything but it is easier to add new features), as it is Midi USB it need less components.

What are the difference in usability ?
- None, all Arduinoboy modes as been ported to work on the teensy, so usage is exactly the same.
The only difference is that there is no Max/MSP patch to configure it because it can be reconfigured with Arduino IDE directly with the USB

Arduinoboy mode available on Teensyboy :

1.LSDJ Slave :                     Working !
2. LSDJ Master:                   Working ! (tested with Ableton live 8)
3. LSDJ KEYBOARD mode: Working !
4. Nanoloop :                       Working ! (tested with nanoloop 1.6.3 demo)
5. mGB :                              Working !
6. LSDJ Midi Map :              Working !
7. LSDJ Midi Out :               Working !

How to build one ?
- Follow the schematics or cabling diagram, upload the code and that's it !
All infos available on : http://noizeinabox.blogspot.com/2013/08 … lease.html

The original code is from Trash80 the creator of ArduinoBoy, my part was to port it on Teensy and adapt for USB midi

Feel free to test it and don't hesitate to contact me if you see bugs or anything..

Pictures, code, etc.. available on the blog : http://noizeinabox.blogspot.ch/2013/08/ … lease.html
You can also look at this topic (it was made during the tests ): http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/11708 … code-help/

Thanks to Trash80, maniacfreakquency, NEX, little-scale and all chipmusicians

Regards,

xray303 aka noizeinabox

Last edited by xray303 (Aug 15, 2013 9:56 am)

Riverside, CA

Neato!

what would be the difference between a teensyboy and the nanoloop Midi adaptor?

Unsubscribe

It does far more, works with lsdj, supports midi out, doesnt require a computer application to run, is midi class compliant so should work with linux, standalone midi host devices like the icontrolmidi, ipads..

Sweeeeeeden

herr_prof: The second version of NLMIDI (red PCB) is class compliant as well. It should also be able to both send sync and MIDI to mGB, but not any of the other things Arduinoboy can do.

Unsubscribe

Oh i missed that one!! Neat! So you can configure it via midi or something?

Last edited by herr_prof (Aug 15, 2013 5:53 pm)

Madriz, Supain

Any chance someone makes a bunch so I can buy an assembled one?

SLC, UT

What's there to assemble? Soldering a link cable onto it I guess? I think the OP is selling like 4 teensys, I'm sure he'd flash it for you.

Hi,

There is few things to assemble, the switch (to change mode) with a resistor and the leds with their resistors, that's it..

Will maybe do a "shield" but do you prefer to have smd leds directly soldered to the shield or pads to add 3 or 5mm leds ?

Douglas, Wyoming

This is awesome, the size is perfect

xray303 wrote:

Hi,

There is few things to assemble, the switch (to change mode) with a resistor and the leds with their resistors, that's it..

Will maybe do a "shield" but do you prefer to have smd leds directly soldered to the shield or pads to add 3 or 5mm leds ?

Alley Beach has been talking to me about a few shield ideas, if you would care to collaborate I'm sure he and I would be excited to bounce ideas around with you. smile

thebitman wrote:
xray303 wrote:

Hi,

Alley Beach has been talking to me about a few shield ideas, if you would care to collaborate I'm sure he and I would be excited to bounce ideas around with you. smile

Why not, i've already done some other kind of PCB, so it not a prob for me to design PCB.

We can talk about this in this topic as it is related to TeensyBoy.

Which kind of "Shield" do you want ?

Madriz, Supain

xray303 would you do one on purpose to sell it to me? I suck at anything soldering related. REALLY suck

SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

xray303 would you do one on purpose to sell it to me? I suck at anything soldering related. REALLY suck

i will not design different version for each users, so we need to define what most people want before launching the PCB production (not really a cost issue but more a shipping delay because the last PCB i've done there is 2 to 3 weeks delay between production and shipping).

I see 2 major options, with SMD leds soldered directly (ideal for a external Teensyboy) or pads for classic leds and switch (better for internal build)

It is also possible to add more features (more mode) but what could be useful ? ( a plug for old NES pad would be awesome but it is not possible to control the GB with a DMG cable input ..sad..)

Cleveland, OH

My hero! I have a few teensy's and i need them to work properly since I don't actually need MIDI data for my own use. I just need USB sync. Thank you!

Madriz, Supain
xray303 wrote:
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

i will not design different version for each users, so we need to define what most people want before launching the PCB production (not really a cost issue but more a shipping delay because the last PCB i've done there is 2 to 3 weeks delay between production and shipping).

I see 2 major options, with SMD leds soldered directly (ideal for a external Teensyboy) or pads for classic leds and switch (better for internal build)

It is also possible to add more features (more mode) but what could be useful ? ( a plug for old NES pad would be awesome but it is not possible to control the GB with a DMG cable input ..sad..)

well, put me on teh "anything is fine" list. I just want to connect a dmg thru midi with my keyboard