IL, US

main reason i havent done it yet is that all my artwork is done for the type of cases i buy (slim wraparounds) so id have to redo all my art for the standard jewel cases

Chicago IL
egr wrote:
little-scale wrote:

I have always been happy with the quality of Kunaki CDs

I've only bought one cd from kunaki so far but I was very happily surprised with the quality of the whole package.  From what I've read on their site, they leave all quality control up to you so be sure all your info/labeling/etc is correct before sending anything in!

hear hear! /me cracks the whip

Camden, London

I much prefer the folded card style cd case. much slimmer and portable. Anyone know where I might find a good value service for these?
like this (googled image, disregard cd)

Sweden
Wizwars wrote:

Kunaki is a great service. The only thing I don't like about labels using it is that the order page gets a little cluttered. I mean, look at the HHH Kunaki page for example. It's pretty busy, and there is no order button on each individual page. I've actually heard a few people say they passed on buying my CD because they didn't feel like fucking with Kunaki.

A label a friend of mine runs bypasses this problem by ordering the CDs from Kunaki himself and then selling them through his website. If you order from Kunaki in shippments of 10 it's only a dollar per CD plus shipping.

They have a nice XML service, so you can always set up your own shop and ship goods directly from kunaki.

Nomad's Land
akira^8GB wrote:

I cannot stand the quality with which Retinascan has produced my work.

sorry for OT, but care to elaborate on that?

Dublin, Ireland

Judging from the copy I have here, I think he's referencing the flimsy paper packaging and poor printing quality? hmm
Barely any of the insert is legible...

Last edited by iNFOTOXIN (Apr 13, 2010 8:10 pm)

New York City
irrlichtproject wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

I cannot stand the quality with which Retinascan has produced my work.

sorry for OT, but care to elaborate on that?

Sure, read here:

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 24, 2017 8:39 pm)

ad-hell-aide
ovenrake wrote:
little-scale wrote:

I have always been happy with the quality of Kunaki CDs

Was your CD from Blip a Kunaki press?
If so, I'm sold.

Yes.

(sorry - not the best photos)

San Luis Obispo, CA

Why does this service seem too good to be true?

Litebritedeath Land

because slave children are making them with puppy powered machinery for 20 cents a day.....

ad-hell-aide

the shipping is not as cheap as it could be, for one.

Chicago IL
little-scale wrote:

the shipping is not as cheap as it could be, for one.

true, especially non US orders.

also another thing that's weird to me is their system for cd orders over 10. for some reason, more than 10 actually brings the price of cds up, and the price depends on how much work theyve got going on. if theyre really busy they can go up to 1.75 each, and if theyre really slow, it can go down to 75 cents each.

San Luis Obispo, CA
Saskrotch wrote:

This is pretty damn impressive. Thanks for the heads up!

Milwaukee, WI

Couldn't one just buy cases, support their local printer and do it themselves?

Kunaki seems to take the fun out of the whole process. What's the resale on these?

What size jewel cases are these?
As in are they the thin based ones which you often find in music stores for singles or the thicker sized cases generally used for albums.

ad-hell-aide

@ Flopps: Album size