San Antonio, TX

I do restorations and moding with mostly DMG-GBC and basically I'm running out of screws. Does anyone know of a site that sells a 'gameboy' screw and anything that works similarly? A related question is these tri-tipped screws are a pain to deal with, does anyone know a normal Phillips I could replace them with?

Taichung, Taiwan

If you clsim to restore gameboys and you take yourself seriously, you'll have a decent quality tri-wing screwdriver which can be had for less than $5.

He probably has a tri-wing screwdriver, he's asking about the screws themselves.
If you brought one of the screws to a local hardware store I'm sure they'd be able to find the same size in a Phillips.

San Antonio, TX
vile_plume wrote:

He probably has a tri-wing screwdriver, he's asking about the screws themselves.
If you brought one of the screws to a local hardware store I'm sure they'd be able to find the same size in a Phillips.

Yeah, I'm talking about the screws not the screwdriver. And I've gone to a couple hardware places none of them really carry anything that small.

Michigan

Are you looking to make your way into the GB-modder's crowd? I am looking for way out; or "up and out" to be more honest. I see gameboy modding to be more of a mechanic's job whereas I am the engineering type. I will not be leaving the chip community, but I am much more interested in "creation" rather than "supplementing."

I have long considered selling off my massive collection of gameboys, screws, drivers, backlights, etc.

I've just found that the el-cheapo tri-wing screwdriver I bought was made cheaply and is starting to mess with the screws as it wears out.
If you find replacement screws and a decent quality screwdriver that won't flake apart please post it.

smile

UK, Leicester
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Are you looking to make your way into the GB-modder's crowd? I am looking for way out; or "up and out" to be more honest. I see gameboy modding to be more of a mechanic's job whereas I am the engineering type. I will not be leaving the chip community, but I am much more interested in "creation" rather than "supplementing."

I have long considered selling off my massive collection of gameboys, screws, drivers, backlights, etc.

And this is the second time in the past 12 hours that I've kicked myself for spending all of my money.

Matthew Joseph Payne

I can sell you screws as well.

Also, a US company called Moody Tools makes a high quality tri-wing driver that costs about $14. It's a great tool.

San Antonio, TX
Jazzmarazz wrote:

I been around the GB-modding crowd for a while, but most of my work is with friends-of-friends, local kind of thing. Maybe later on I could scale up, but I don't really have the cash for that.