Matthew Joseph Payne

So that I'm actually contributing to the thread and not just snarking, here's an MJP rig I put together but haven't started actually using yet. It's built into a turntable roadcase, small and light enough to check on an airplane without extra fees. All power supplies and most cabling are hidden beneath a thin wooden platform that all the gear sits on.

This photo features gameboys that have since been modded beyond recognition, handmade GenMDM, and the wrong arduinoboy.

if you aren't using your mpc right now can i have it?

Matthew Joseph Payne

I'm using it, just not using it on stage yet. wink

Milwaukee, WI

I'm simply saying that a nice looking case has a better chance of being stolen than anything else, but sure, throw your entire setup in there.

Puerto Rico

I'm currently lugging around two cases. A big-ish one which holds my effects pedals, and a smaller one for my DMG's and the small mixer.

I definitely see the concern about having all your gear in a single place, as I've had friends whose pedalboards have been stolen, but I think if you're quick to put 'em away as soon as you're done, and you keep a close eye on them, you should be fine.

kineticturtle's case looks pretty good. I might have to invest in something like that as to not be constantly having to disconect/connect cables every single time.

TSSBAY01

definitely consider building your own and going the velcro route. it might help you to build a smaller more personalized case too.

you could probably build a setup with the mixer in the bottom where you have two hinges and it comes apart that could be shockproof and really quick to set up. i think building a case would be much more fun than buying one because you have a better idea of how you'd want it personalized. or maybe look on craigslist and find one and then reverse engineer it or customize it how you see fit. save money on the case and put it toward a compact effect like a nanoverb that you can slip in there and would also work well with that kind of music, a behringer shark could be neat in there too.

Columbus, Indiana

Find an old scanner maybe?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Scanner-Pedal-Board/

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
TSC wrote:

Have all your gear stolen at once! Convenient!

i did laugh. 

But thats are pretty slick case, i was going to suggest the pedal case myself.  i have one that fits my drum machine perfectly, its a soft bag but it gets the job done.  Not really an all in one road case though, and now i wont stop thinking about it.   damnit

Seattle, WA
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

definitely consider building your own and going the velcro route. it might help you to build a smaller more personalized case too.

you could probably build a setup with the mixer in the bottom where you have two hinges and it comes apart that could be shockproof and really quick to set up. i think building a case would be much more fun than buying one because you have a better idea of how you'd want it personalized. or maybe look on craigslist and find one and then reverse engineer it or customize it how you see fit. save money on the case and put it toward a compact effect like a nanoverb that you can slip in there and would also work well with that kind of music, a behringer shark could be neat in there too.

If I could afford all the tools and had a good space to work on it, I would LOVE to build it instead...because I coincidentally need a better pedalboard case too sad

Last edited by BFAD (Aug 21, 2013 4:12 am)

washington

i have this pedalboard, and it's super solid. i use it for guitar pedals though, so i probably treat it less nicely than if it was full of chip stuff. which attests to its reliability even more, i guess.

Puerto Rico

Not as much a case for performing, but for carrying/storage. I'm currently taking apart one of those small metal cases that hold Poker chips/cards and replacing the interior with foam pads I'm buying. Gonna measure out the Game boys and cut out spaces to hold 'em, then a smaller cutout for cables/batts

A custom carrying case if you will. It's looking like it's gonna be a rather cheap build (I got the case for 5 bucks at a flea market) and I think it'll work well for carrying around the gameboys. It's not huge in size but pretty sturdy.

I'm super OCD when it comes to my equipment, so I don't want em flopping/moving around in bags... hehe.

Nah, just saying in case anyone wants to try. smile

Last edited by PanicPlant (Aug 21, 2013 2:19 pm)

Puerto Rico

I haven't cut out anything yet, but so you have an idea about the size smile

Seattle, WA

So this is what ended up happening. Just slapped velcro on all the devices including the little LCD for the Genesis. All I have to do now when I play live is open the lid, plug in the power, plug in the outs for the mixer to PA, done. I know the wires are a mess, but I'll prolly zip tie stuff or get those adhesive clippy deals that hold cables in place in the near future. It also has a lid, but I'm sure you already have an idea of what a flight case looks like.