So I just built my first arduinoboy and it works, the LED's light up like they ought to and I can change modes and all that HOWEVER when trying to sync LSDJ to my korg electribe MX nothing happened. I'm not sure if there are settings I need to change on the korg or LSDJ (I set LSDJ sync to slave and master but is there anything else?). The status LED does not light up when I have the korg plugged into the midi in or when LSDJ is in master mode. I switched the two wires that connect the midi in jack because I did have them wrong initially but still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated

originally posted this in Nintendo Consoles by accident, sorry about that

Taichung, Taiwan

+ Check all of your connections with a multimeter.

+ Check midi connection with another midi device.

checked the midi connection with another device still nothing, I don't have a multimeter with me right now but I will do that when I can

edit: if it makes a difference the arduino takes a while before the LED's do the sequential lighting up thing they do on start up, and I could be wrong but I don't need the unofficial arduinoboy release of LSDJ to use LSDJ slave and master do I?

Last edited by OceanofChaos (Aug 23, 2013 5:28 am)

Baltimore

Sounds like you have it set to the wrong setting, if you dont have any of these settings then your LSDJ is outdated. Ive never used an arduinoboy or these settings so i may be wrong.

"There are 3 new modes:
- LIVEMAP – Lsdj will use its own clock, but a incoming midi note will
cue midi note # to song row # in live mode.

- SYNCMAP – Lsdj will sync to incoming MIDI sync, and notes
immediately change the song row #.

- MIDIOUT – LSDJ to MIDIOUT. Each of the 4 gameboy channels send MIDI
data on 4 midi channels by the use of effects commands:
- N – Sends a MIDI Note – Absolute to the value placed in the
effect. N00 sends note off, N01-N6F send notes 1 to 112.
- Q – Sends a MIDI Note relative to the current channel’s pitch. The
effect value is a offset. so Q0C in PU1 would send a note 1 octave
higher than what Pu1 is currently playing. This is useful as a table
command to track midi notes as normal notes in the sequencer.
- X – Sends a MIDI CC – By default in Arduinoboy the high nibble
selects a CC#, and the low nibble sends a value [0-F] to [0-127]. This
can be changed to allow just 1 midi CC with a range of 00-6F, or 7 CCs
with scaled or unscaled values.
- Y – Sends a program/patch/preset change"

via http://truechiptilldeath.com/blog/2011/ … rduinoboy/

Last edited by SupLoL (Aug 23, 2013 6:21 am)

I'm not trying to use those I just want the DMG to run as slave or master which are both settings I have on LSDJ and I set everything to the right setting on the arduinoboy too, does anyone know if I still need the unofficial LSDJ release if I just want to use the slave and master settings?
I checked my connections and they're good, I don't know if the fact that I'm using an arduino micro makes a difference (I'm pretty sure it shouldn't but I could be wrong) I tested all three of my DMG's so it's not a Gameboy issue. I'm just very confused because it seems everything works except my inputs

edit: I checked my connections with the link cable plugged into the gameboy and touched one end to the pin inside the gameboy and the other to the corresponding wire so the connection is good there. I reloaded the code onto the arduino and still nothing. Neither the korg or LSDJ cause the status light to light up at any point in any mode. Again I am using an arduino micro, does that change the pins at all? And like I said the status LED blinks for a really long time before doing the arduino start up thing, in all the videos I've seen of arduinoboys none of them did that. I'd really appreciate some feedback cause I don't want to find out I've wasted $80 on this project

Last edited by OceanofChaos (Aug 23, 2013 6:35 pm)