washington

yo folks! my nanoloop cart's ROM is corrupted, so i need to update it. the only thing is that when i send the update file, nothing happens. it just stays the same. i've followed the instructions to update the ROM to the T, but it still stays on the gameboy screen with the nintendo logo scrambled.

the explicit instructions copypasta'd from an email from oliver:

- remove cart from game boy
- plug in the adaptor
- start nlmidi -send nanoloop261.mb
- turn on the game boy
- blinking nintendo logo appears, transfer starts
- wait until transfer is complete
- "nanoloop" logo appears on game boy
- insert the cart
- keep B pressed and then START+SELECT
- status bar appears, game boy reboots
- done!

possibly helpful information: the cart PCB isn't damaged it all. i'm trying to update on an AGB-001 that is half clocked, but while updating, i make sure the clock is running at normal speed. i'm using a third-party link cable with 3 connectors, 2 GBA/GBC and 1 DMG. i got it from ASM, i think it was on consignment. also i have a second-version (red PCB) nanoloop USB-midi adaptor.

i've emailed oliver quite a bit to try and fix it, but he's stopped replying to my emails. it's not a big deal, i know he's busy running a business and whatnot. but that doesn't change the fact that i need to get it working again. (not to sound cold or anything)

i'll upload some pictures if that helps? i don't know. thanks in advance

Taichung, Taiwan

You have any other GBAs or link cables to test with or friends nearby with other hardware you can try with?

washington

not sure about the link cable, but i do have some friends with GBAs that i can hit up. do you think one/both of them could be the problem?

Taichung, Taiwan

If you can replicate the issue with other link cables and gameboys, we can narrow down where the actual problem is.