Los Angeles

Official chip music booth at Maker Faire 2010- May 22 & 23
http://www.makerfaire.com/

The idea is to setup a booth to showcase music, hacks/hardware, and culture of the chip music scene.
We'll be making free information booklets to pass out, small pa & instruments, banner, and possibly more things to come.
I'm trying to gather as much hardware to showcase as possible...

So far we have the following:
- Amiga a600 *
- Atari STE *
- C64
- NES with powerpak *
- Piggy tracker on various handhelds
- Gameboy / Arduinoboy / LSDJ / Nanoloop / etc
(* = pending trade - also need a USA power supply for the Amiga 600- will a a500 psu brick work?)

We are open to suggestions for more hardware (I think we need something opl3) If you have spare hardware you think should be there I'd be willing to pay shipping and treat it with care... Also if you are in the neighborhood and would like to help us run the booth please email me: [email protected]

All the supplies / banner / printing etc will be paid out of pocket so if you want to donate anything please contact me privately.

We will not be selling anything there- this will be for information and educational purposes only. It might be nice to carry cards / fliers for various chip music labels- So please spread the word out to those that might be interested... The more we have there, the better.

If you're planning on attending be sure to check us out and say hello!

More details to follow...

Central-ish VA

I had the pleasure of visiting Maker Faire Austin back in 2008 and had an amazing time, I'm somewhat surprised chipmusicians hadn't descended upon these events before (I would have if I wasn't so far away).  What I can say is this - the Maker Faire attracts a wonderful audience of technology lovers and the technology curious, and these two often overlap.  I imagine you'll have zero problem drawing people in to see everything that you've got on display.

The booths I remember best from Maker Faire Austin were the ones that were interactive, ones where I could do something myself and really get to know the people running the booth through playing with the fun things they had brought.  Hell, I've still got all of the handouts I got from there, and that was two years ago.  I really do wish I could be there, and have an awesome time, I know this will probably bring a few more into our strange little world.

))<>((

holy shit, I will be there. Finally something in the bay area, lol.

Tacoma WA

donated!

bumping

San Francisco

i might be there! if so... see you all there!!!

Austin, TX

It did seem odd I didn't find more chiptuners like those I find lurking around here. But there were a handful at the Austin faire '08 that had more analogy chip-bent tunes. I've been to both Austin Makerfaires and one out on the west coast in San Mateo... It's a shame they'll never be having one in Austin ever again. (Damn whiny vendors) Sucks, all you cool kids out on the west coast still get to have them.

However, anyone who hasn't even been to a Makerfaire... GO! Great stuff, and great community. big_smile

San Francisco

http://chipmusic.org/forums/img/avatars/167.gif yeee hawt. was just out at the grounds, it will be massive of course.

house party saturday night up in san francisco after the faire that day smile email/txt me for details

Eanske, Holland

Hey chaps hows it fairing ?

San Francisco
poke-1,170 wrote:

lolololololol puns....

Hopefully I will make it out tomorrow (If I can catch a ride....) !!!!! either way... have fun guys!!!!!

Los Angeles
poke-1,170 wrote:

First day was a blast, though I spent 1/2 the day making a arduinoboy cause mine was on the fritz. Good thing they sell all the parts at the faire. Used a "midi shield"
Here are a few bad pics... I'll take better crowd shots tomorrow.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

Looks rad.

Unsubscribe

That poster turned out nice!!!