Devon UK

Hi folks,

I'm new to chiptune, and just acquired a GB Micro with Nanoloop 2.6 cart.

I'm having great fun, but stuck on a basic question: How can I make a loop that is longer than 16 beats, or 1 "unit"?

For example, a pattern that goes ABCD,ABCD,ABCD,... etc.

If I use song mode, I can list the repeating pattern, but not sure if I can "loop a sequence of loops" indefinitely.

Any suggestions?

Help much appreciated,

Robin.

Taichung, Taiwan

Did you read the manual?

france

Nanoloop 1.6 & 2.6 play pattern of 16 step.
It's not like apple or android version if you come from this world.
IMHO 2.6 is the best of the 3xnanoloop.

You should read the manual, it wille be easier for you.

IL, US

if you aren't using all 16 steps of a particular channel, you can set that channel to play back at 1/2, 1/4 or 1/8 speed to create longer loops... i do this in pretty much every track i use nanoloop

Devon UK

Thanks. I have indeed read the manual, but it's very short and not very detailed.

I first tried Nanoloop on Android, which is where I got the idea that you could loop 4 patterns at a time. I'm surprised it's not a feature of the original, as making 4 bar melodies seems like a fairly common requirement for any composition software.

Having said that, I understand that part of the joy of chiptune is learning to work with the 'limitations' of the equipment/software.

I hope you guys don't mind if I post here occasionally if I get stuck on my learning curve.

You can arrange patterns in song mode, but it's a much less dynamic way of working.
You can also, as previously said in this thread, make a channel play back at 1/2, 1/4 or 1/8 time and play around with shuffle, retrigger, arpeggios to make longer more complex patterns. Also there's ping-pong mode which can yield very intricate results if used wisely. Read the manual carefully and figure out all the different functions.

And don't forget about the polyrhythmic capabilities of 2.6! You can change the number of steps on each track individually.

Play around, experiment, have fun! smile

Last edited by _-_- (Sep 1, 2013 9:08 am)