México, DF.
Frostbyte wrote:

But why two?

Billy Sheehan.

Ahhhhhh. Logical.

So kitsch, any idea how long it might be before these become available?

Wilmington,NC
kitsch wrote:
Frostbyte wrote:

But why two?

separate L and R

This could make my life easier. Oh yes. Is it DMG or GBA?

Los Angeles
soultron wrote:

Is it DMG or GBA?

I CANT FIND TEH CONTRAST DIAL ON MY GBA/SP wink heart

The Central Coast, Australia
kitsch wrote:

separate L and R

The Central Coast, Australia
trash80 wrote:
soultron wrote:

Is it DMG or GBA?

Would be pretty mad having an SP in a DMG case. A little too much effort for me to undertake personally though.. Didn't Nex do something like that?

matt's mind

its rectangular just for the reason mention, more modding room!  the whole thing has been squared off, with exactly this in mind.  not ergonomics, but space.  that squared off corner around the speaker opens up a lot more room for sticking things (like arduino mini's perhaps)

the back is pretty much flat.  all the dust catchers are gone, even on the battery cover.  but, see how on the original case there is a hump along the back where the cartridge slides into, and this hump goes down for a little while?  I've kept this hump, there was an issue in getting the internals worked out to keep it sound on the inside.  the sides along the back were squared off a bit too, not as much of a curve in those edges.

other than that, its flat.  the area where the original FCC text is i've kept the space, but ditched the text.  I'll have some stickers made up or something for the space.  maybe some puff/bubble stickers like from the 80s.  been looking for an excuse to have some made...  (anticipate a call for submissions in the near future i suppose)

oh.  the A/B/START/SELECT text on the front is raised.  so, not flat there either.  raised text.  I was going to do recessed, but it would have bee a slight issue with the font size.  but, its not printed on the case, its part of the case, so paint/etc won't make it disappear.

re: when...  the mould was started last night after one more small change.  it'll take a little bit longer than usual on this project, because i'm having two different places work on the mould/mold (whatever...  UK/US english). 

The first manufacturing place, the one which will do the actual injection process, is doing the majority of the drilling, everything except for the outside.  the matte finish is being done by an entirely different place which specializes in surface finishing.  they have the better equipment for this, and on such a large open surface (unlike a button), the finish will matter a lot. 

the last minute change...  i made the hole for the power LED large enough for a 5mm LED.  people can get a little creative here, that LED and its placement are begging to be re-purposed.  i've got a few ideas in mind myself, but getting those pcbs started/finished isn't on the list right now...  the hole is there though, for whoever is brave enough!

i considered for a second doing glossy finish.  but then i touched my (fake) psp and was bothered by it again.  i do not agree with steve jobs that smudges are part of the experience.  i'd feel compelled to include microfiber smudge cloths with all the cases...

(i'll get the poll going for color choices ASAP, a busy exam day awaits!)

Turku, FIN

woah!
Sounds excellent.

I have awesome 2x 1/4 plug out on my game boy and it is super nice. Kineticturtle made it and i love it smile
L & R goes to different inputs and it's nice to be able to put effects on those separately.

Wilmington,NC
trash80 wrote:
soultron wrote:

Is it DMG or GBA?

I CANT FIND TEH CONTRAST DIAL ON MY GBA/SP wink heart

OH YEAH. HA.

Matthew Joseph Payne
KeFF wrote:

I have awesome 2x 1/4 plug out on my game boy and it is super nice. Kineticturtle made it and i love it smile
L & R goes to different inputs and it's nice to be able to put effects on those separately.

I immediately thought about how cool your dmg would look in one of these cases. smile

Beverly Hills Michigan
katsumbhong wrote:

Clear colors please!!!

THIS!

again, i'd do anything for a clear case.

And awww yeah dmg sonnn

kitsch wrote:

i've got a few ideas in mind myself, but getting those pcbs started/finished isn't on the list right now...

Start speaking. Now. smile

matt's mind
Maxd wrote:
kitsch wrote:

i've got a few ideas in mind myself, but getting those pcbs started/finished isn't on the list right now...

Start speaking. Now. smile

i'll probably start on them anyways just to give me some more stress.

matt's mind

from the newsletter

hey everybody -

its been a good day here at KB, the new silicon replacement buttons have arrived:

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/silicon-buttons

also, i'm able to extend a price drop to you all on polarization film (half-off in fact)!  not only that, but they are cut perfectly square now, so one piece can give you either a normal or inverted look depending on how you choose to install it.  the polarization film won't be cut with the notch anymore, based on a lot of requests wink

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/backlighting-film

thats it for now.  until next time, stay warm and keep chipping!

matt

thanks!

Lookin' good! Much enjoyed smile