matt's mind

i'll have these two samples @ blipfest for sure,  but it looks like i may also have some to sell finally!  i'm pushing time a little...

oh.  any discolorations or slight bubbles or something, ignore them.  the mould is still soft, and dirty.

kitsch wrote:

i'll have these two samples @ blipfest for sure,  but it looks like i may also have some to sell finally!  i'm pushing time a little...

oh.  any discolorations or slight bubbles or something, ignore them.  the mould is still soft, and dirty.

FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP

rochester, ny

put me down for 10 please.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Wow. Just, wow. Stunning work kitsch!

Utah

Yes, please.

Louisiana

Not sure if this has been covered or not...but do we have a price estimate on these cases yet? And will they be sold with parts or just the shells? Again sorry if this has been mentioned already.

United Kingdom

AMAZING. Would love to see a transparent one!

matt's mind

most certainly will be doing transparent colors.  i haven't checked out the poll on this thing's product page on the KB site in a long time, but it'll be used to pick out the colors.

glad everyone likes the pics wink  pleased myself.

i don't have a price estimate, but i'm extremely close.  i don't think i'll do these (at first) with new battery contacts, screws, and things like this.  probably just screen covers (the power LED hole is now big enough for a 5mm LED, albeit optional of course, the new covers have a hole this big). 

(just as a note to modders using this case in the future, if you want to use a smaller LED for power, like the original 3mm size,you can coat the inside of the 5mm hole with stuff that responds to the LED.  like, using a UV LED with blacklight paint on the inside of the tube, or sparkle glue for some shimmer.  i tried a piece of aluminum foil because it was there, this even looked cool.  it'll fit a 5mm LED, but if you use something else, experiment with the space in this tube!)

well, actually, screw sets are alright, thats easy to come up with...  (no more tri-wings huh!)

but, i will do new battery contacts and all that down the road, i'm just stretched too thin for them right now, and as of now i've not needed to use kickstarter or pre-orders to get this thing accomplished.  battery contacts would require a debt, and thats last option, always.  although, in the name of speed, the first batch may be pre-orders just so i don't have to save up the lump for it.  once the mould is done, is auto-pilot anyways...  pre-orders freak me out because of bleepbloop selling experience, which were pre-orders at first, then the shipment would arrive and tons of the carts wouldn't work, and it fell back on me of course.  so, very hesitant to take on pre-ordering again, but we'll see.  it may be a must...

so, (maybe) keep an eye out for that???  other blip things are on my mind, just need to approve the revisions to the mould, then its crunch time.

also i'll be doing something for a sticker design contest something for the back sticker.  i have a lot of art planned for this thing, including limited edition runs with pixelart screenprinted on the case (like the original logo and button text, but art!).  get some good artists from this scene, and do small runs of cases with their art. 

probably limited colorways too.  well, most definitely this.

Louisiana

Very awesome man. Can't wait to get my hands on a few of these and paint then!

USA
kitsch wrote:

also i'll be doing something for a sticker design contest something for the back sticker.  i have a lot of art planned for this thing, including limited edition runs with pixelart screenprinted on the case (like the original logo and button text, but art!).  get some good artists from this scene, and do small runs of cases with their art.

This gets me excited!

I would love to see a "smooth" version in the future that doesn't have speaker-holes or any text.

On second thought, I will probably just buy two of these and "smooth" one of them out with some Bondo and a sanding block.

Kitsch - Thank you so much and keep up the amazing work!

Cleveland, OH

Those look perfect. I can wait to check them out at Blip!

matt's mind

SurfaceDragon, the -only- issue I see with you doing this, is the case will have a matte texture to it, not glossy.  so you could certainly cut off the text and fill in the holes, very very easily in fact, but it will be hard to match the finish doing that considering the matte...

although, if you have a finishing sander, you could just go back on top of this and refinish the surface.  that would work fine! 

however, i'm not at all opposed to alternative versions of this in the future, but thats long down the line.  ditching a speaker grill outright is a hard one to do though, because most people will see it as a limitation/flaw rather than awesome minimalist feature.

Bes thing for modding ever.
Only thing that i'm kinda unhappy about: You could had shown some pics from the Inside.
At last, wasn't the start of the project the "space-issues" that the DMG kinda have when it comes down to modifiy them?

Unsubscribe

yea it would be cool for a future rev to support some low form factor rechargeable battery to allow more room for mods. (or more power for said mods!)

I have a feeling that people who would do this probably wouldn't even miss the speaker though ... wink

Louisiana

I would also prefer it without the text to be honest, one of the main things i hate about the gameboy color is the concave letters on the buttons and the convex start/ select and the Nintendo logo. I'm excited though because of everything else that is smooth. I will have some fun with the back of those things. For the letters though you mention being able to cut them off and sand them down...if you do clear cases it won't be so simple, is it? I also support the idea for doing a run without speaker holes. Leave the stuff inside there that the speaker can sit in still but fill the holes. Atleast do a limited run of like 50 or something. I'm sure a lot of people would love to get their hands on one. I sure as hell know I'd love to get my hands on a few. 100% smooth case for painters. Maybe a packaged kit pick a case color and a screen color and button colors. Sold as a set for a little cheaper than if they were bought separately. Okay shutting up now lol.

Seattle, Wa

Looks gorgeous, I want army green.