matt's mind

from the newsletter

hey everybody -

the USB 64M Smart Cards are restocked!

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/usb-64m-smart-card

and, we restocked all the titles we've carried in the PROM cartridges:

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/ga … -cartridge

IF THERE IS A ROM YOU'D LIKE TO SEE US REGULARLY STOCK ON THESE CARTS, please reply back to this email and let us know.  non-copyright, preferably musical. 

keep your eyes peeled the next few weeks, we've got some projects which should be wrapping up. 

till next time, keep chipping!

matt

thanks!

Arizona

Sweet. I'm gonna need another cart soon.

matt's mind

from the newsletter

hey everybody!

after a super long day counting out tiny little plastic parts, i'm happy to bring you our new custom button colors!  (mostly) neons and pastels.

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/custom-buttons

here's a quick picture showing the new colors we got:  http://bit.ly/1aoACsI

that does it!  have a great day/night everybody, and keep chipping!

matt

thanks for looking!

Litebritedeath Land

oooo kitsch could you throw in a set of neon orange and neon blue DMG button sets in my order?  I'll paypal you the extra $$.  These are smexy!!

Really nice.

Are the dark grey the PIL color?  Are you making cases in a dark grey?

From what I can tell I might really like dark purple and the neons.  Would love to see these next to/in cases.  People, buy these and post pics ASAP.

Maine

clear orange for a buck thats a steal..

matt's mind
rygD wrote:

Are the dark grey the PIL color?  Are you making cases in a dark grey?

they are

i've been encouraged to do more greys.  what will become of that, i'm not entirely sure yet

greys are hard.  cool grey vs. warm grey.  i love blue base in my greys, but the nintendo light grey is a red base, and that is unfortunate i think

so make make your own grey cases and grey buttons when you have the funds and interest.  I like greys.  Prolly too much.

I really like the dark grey paint job Justin did that I can't seem to find.

Milwaukee, WI

I would totally buy a more gunmetal blue based grey case.  Anyways, new buttons look hot!

matt's mind

^ gunmetal grey interests me

Cleveland, OH
rygD wrote:

so make make your own grey cases and grey buttons when you have the funds and interest.  I like greys.  Prolly too much.

This guy right here?

I'm probably the reason he's doing greys. I've been pushing... I need a grey that matches this case perfectly. It's just a grey primer that matches the stock grey boy grey screen cover and start/select buttons.

This is an old console, I'll have to get a photo of my current one. It's a perfect match!

Cleveland, OH

Here's the color match up. It's a lot closer IRL:

But here's what it actually looks like:

I'm waiting for Kitsch to come out with that grey to replace the super light grey on the teal Boy! *HITNTNJNJIHINT*

thursdaycustoms wrote:
rygD wrote:

This guy right here?

I'm probably the reason he's doing greys. I've been pushing... I need a grey that matches this case perfectly. It's just a grey primer that matches the stock grey boy grey screen cover and start/select buttons.

This is an old console, I'll have to get a photo of my current one. It's a perfect match!

I love it so much.  Especially with the buttons and backlight.  I don't know if I would be as into it with other colors.  He said gunmetal grey interests him.  Maybe we will get lucky.  Plus, I think he might listen to you, so keep on him.

thursdaycustoms wrote:

I can really see the color difference like that, and get the cool vs. warm a bit better.

thursdaycustoms wrote:

I'm waiting for Kitsch to come out with that grey to replace the super light grey on the teal Boy! *HITNTNJNJIHINT*

I like the sound of that, and I think it would also look good on a stock case.  I really wish I could get an original style case in that color.  Maybe try it with the light grey buttons and such. I don't want to go the paint route (although painting inside a clear might be my best option) as it might too easily get messed up.

Cleveland, OH
rygD wrote:
thursdaycustoms wrote:

I can really see the color difference like that, and get the cool vs. warm a bit better.

thursdaycustoms wrote:

I like the sound of that, and I think it would also look good on a stock case.  I really wish I could get an original style case in that color.  Maybe try it with the light grey buttons and such. I don't want to go the paint route (although painting inside a clear might be my best option) as it might too easily get messed up.

Try rust oleum 2x coverage spray paint. It chemically bonds to the plastic after a week and it's super thick paint. Doesn't run or chip. Top it off with 2-3 coats of their 2x matte clear coat and you're golden. I've had this grey game boy for over a year.  The only scratch on it is from dropping it on concrete and that would have done just as much damage to a regular shell(it dented the paint. Didn't crack off).  My Nuby amplifier doesn't even scratch it. I use it all the time.

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/metal-shielding

lime green and black? I need some of these right now.