BK

NES is probably a tie between Gimmick! and Silver Surfer, Genesis is probably Vectorman.

vancouver, canada

two of my NES/famicom favourites:

- kirby's adventure - hands down some of the most expressive melodies and intricate rhythms/interplay:

- erika to satoru no yume bouken (check out those amazing N106/163 pads):

Bronx, NY

NES:
Shatterhand

SNES:
Earthbound
Gundam Wing: Endless Duel
Space Megaforce

Gameboy:
King of Fighters 95
Killer Instinct
Kirby's Dreamland 2
Megaman: Dr Wily's Revenge
Megaman 2
Battle Arena Toshinden

Gameboy Color:
Power Quest

Gameboy Advance:
Golden Sun

Milwaukee, WI

Just hit up bucky's youtube channel.  Tons of great songs ripped straight from the hardware.

Florida

There's the Retrobeats podcast which only plays classic videogame music

Also the Earthbound soundtrack is my favorite

Michigan

My favorite game of all time:
Secret of Evermore, SNES

buffalo, NY

Dragon Warrior 4

Gosford, Australia
Jazzmarazz wrote:

My favorite game of all time:
Secret of Evermore, SNES

started playing this the other day, the soundtrack was the first thing that really stood out to me!

UK, Leicester

NES
castlevania II

Gameboy
castlevania (the one with bloody tears in)

Despite never really extensively playing these games, I do really love the soundtracks.

Boise, ID
danimal cannon wrote:

Dragon Warrior 4

I second that.

Also, Conquest of the Crystal Palace (nes)
and Final Fantasy IV (snes)

Matthew Joseph Payne

GB - Mega Man IV

Nottingham, UK
Brother Android wrote:

That's amazing. I can't believe I've never heard of that game... it's gotta be by some of the same people as did Trip World, right?

Well they're both by sunsoft, and they have a lot of game play similarities, different composers though. Gimmick! is unique in that it's the only NES game to have a Yamaha YM2149 on its cart. Gave them way more sound options to work with. It also has a whole bunch of fairly unique stylistic choices for a NES game. The dpcm channel is used to play actually bass samples, rather than for the drums, and the kick is on the triangle channel.

I had a night where I REALLY liked one song form kirby's pinball. Next morning, wake up, the whole soundtrack sounds okay-ish.

Kirby's gourmet race is the shit.

Chicago, IL

One of the best with that wav channel sample BASS!

Game is crappy but the music is amazing!

Tokyo, Japan

Also, check out Lagrange point on Famicom and weird though is may sound, Pictionary on NES.

Nottingham, UK
Lazerbeat wrote:

Also, check out Lagrange point on Famicom and weird though is may sound, Pictionary on NES.

Actually listening to lagrange point right now. I remember someone saying that pictionary had an unusually good soundtrack.