Taichung, Taiwan

Anyone have any cool stories of their flash carts dying or data becoming corrupted?

Unsubscribe

Those stories are never cool.

Taichung, Taiwan
herr_prof wrote:

Those stories are never cool.

You know what I mean... Hopefully.

I had worked on a song for 2-weeks straight on a 64M ems cart before it became corrupted. This was before I figured out how to back up savs on an ems cart.

Alive and well in fucksville

I almost didnt get into making music with gameboys because my bleepbloop cart was a piece of shit. the memory got corrupted.

matt's mind

wasn't there a comp for that?

(pretty classic question there)

seem to remember some project based around corrupted data

New Albany Indiana

Let me translate this for the non-chip people.

"Anyone have any cool stories of their flash carts dying or data becoming corrupted?"
                                                    -Translates to-
"Any one have any cool stories on how they successfully murdered a family?"

You're a sick person.

NC in the US of America

Pretty sure we have a thread for this already.

I thought this was going to be a compo challenge thread sad

Los Angeles, CA

I had a song that died once, and didn't have the patience to reconstruct it exactly, so I just took some motifs from it and composed a new  version.  It went from "It's nice to have new things sometimes" to "This is why we can't have new things"

New Albany Indiana

I don't like thinking about this

detroit

I am terribly used to data being corrupted. it's a big part of the fun for me now. the danger. the unease. the risk. I mean it's art. you can remake art.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I've been making music in trackers since I was about 14 or 15, I've never had any major data loss. My secret? Treat your gear well and back shit up often.

kitsch wrote:

We should start a comp called "wasn't there a comp for that?"

On which each song has a pretty clear concept that could've come from a comp that was never actually done.

UK, Leicester
Timbob wrote:

On which each song has a pretty clear concept that could've come from a comp that was never actually done.

Dude, you are a genius.

Also I didn't really get the tittle, last time I checked. nuzlocke was something to do with beating pokemon with some limitations or something.

Madison, Alabama

I lost my entire track "Your Stars at Dawn" (which is on my Victory Lapse EP.) It was pretty much finished. Luckily I had recorded a demo version of it, so I reprogrammed the entire track by listening to the demo version and trying to figure out how I made each instrument patch.

It was super tedious.

matt's mind
Timbob wrote:
kitsch wrote:

this should absolutely happen.  that's such a great idea.

kitsch wrote:
Timbob wrote:

this should absolutely happen.  that's such a great idea.

It should.

But it would be a really cruel irony if this comp should fail big_smile