I have Lsdj 4, and I notied there is Lsdj 7.4.1, what changes have been made that are obvious, I am thinking of upgrading but I'm happy with my current version, my only pet peeve is the clipping when panning notes, that's it though.

Thank you
4BP

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:35 am)

Michigan

I believe clipping is a courtesy of your boy, not the software. Also, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Updating your cart from 4 to 4.7 that is.
Following versions are for the most part, no more than fixes and repairs.

EDIT: And according to the log above, most are just fixes.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Sep 20, 2013 3:02 am)

Thank you Apeshit and Jazzmarazz, and true

Gosford, Australia

the pan clicks are just something that gameboys do. apparently they're less bad on a color and nonexistent on an advance/SP - might be something to consider!

buffalo, NY

Non existent in BGB the emulator too

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Given how easy it is to upgrade or downgrade, I see no reason not to stick with the latest version unless there's a feature (bug) from a previous version that you rely heavily on.

That said, don't switch immediately before a performance or anything. Make sure you listen thoroughly to all of your music using the new version to ensure it sounds right.

NC in the US of America
danimal cannon wrote:

Non existent in BGB the emulator too

Not true. The latest version has the clicking. Older version does not.
Edit: Oh snap, I haven't updated since version 1.4 yikes nevermind disregard this I'll have to check and verify...

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Sep 20, 2013 3:23 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

OG chiptuners = 3.9.9

Everyone else = the latest version.

Unsubscribe

Most old schoolers are probably stuck at 2006-06-17: v3.6.2, the last version before he changed to vibrato.

UK, Leicester

I only use ver 1.3.5 because that's the demo version that I started using, so I just used that version of the full rom when I bought it.

Madriz, Supain

I only use 3.7 or something like that, noise drums sound different in new school versions.

Michigan

I don't make music!

NYC

Various things have been fixed in updates, such as an "antispike" fix for the wave channel.  Sticking with the latest version is the best option, I think.  At least try it out.  If you don't like it, you can easily just flash back the old version you had before.

3ndymion wrote:

Various things have been fixed in updates, such as an "antispike" fix for the wave channel.  Sticking with the latest version is the best option, I think.  At least try it out.  If you don't like it, you can easily just flash back the old version you had before.

I think I will do this, I originally bought lsdj bak in 2009, I had no idea how to use it, I think it was 3. something, idk, but now I use 4.  I want to try the very first test version lol, that would be interesting to see how much has changed. Haven't been bumping too much on lsdj this week though, I have finally given Nanoloop a test drive!