Chicago

I just want to write a metric shitton of music right now. It is bumming me out being at work as much as I have been, because I have too many ideas I want to work out and record. I've been juicing creative juices for little over a week now. It doesn't seem to be slowing down.
Who else has experienced this? Any stories or products of such productivity you care to share?

hiding under your bed

Some of my best ideas come to me while I'm bored out of my mind at work.
Back when I was doing graphic design, I kept a little notebook with me at all times so I could write down anything I thought of for later, whether it be a neat little melody, a chord progression, or something that might make a cool-sounding instrument in lsdj.
8-12 hours later I'd come home and not be able to decipher anything I wrote down, but sometimes I'd end up with even better/crazier sounding stuff after spending a while trying to interpret it as best I could. And having a notebook full of mysterious scribbles/hieroglyphics/numbers/cryptic notes is pretty cool.
Now I work in a Yoplait factory, and we have to work at a constant pace, so I can't really stop to write something down if I ever need to.
It kinda sucks.

Taichung, Taiwan

Caffeine at night.

yea that feeling always seems to come to me when i stay up past 2am writing music.. idk why, maybe less distraction? i also heard that when your body is tired you are able to make decisions easier, because your body is trying to rush everything so it can get back to sleep. so maybe that is a reason i find it easy to choose what notes, progressions, rhythms, etc., to use. maybe

Boise, ID
katsumbhong wrote:

Caffeine at night.

Aye

nice to hear it phrased this way. we all hear about writers block too much. youre a glass-half-full type person i guess

creativity comes and goes like all things imo