The Rubber Man

Hi.

I've just spotted it on the Net. Looks like especially created for micromusic (maybe it was).

There are 3 micro-synthesizers in the series.

Korg Monotron (so-called Korg Monotron Synth)
Korg Monotron Duo (that I bought a minute ago)
Korg Monotron Delay

That's how they look:

I still don't have my Duo, as I wait for the postman to bring it here but I simply had to buy the machine as it looks soooooo cool and it sounds well (check out the YouTube) and it was highly... cheap.
And it's incredibly small.

Supposedly in future I'll buy also two more models of them.

Greetzzzzz,
Yerz

PS: As for the sound - check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65piXTPE8NM

Michigan

I used to have two of the monotron regular versions.  They are difficult to make 'good' use of. The delay version is where its at.

I've seen chipocrite use a similar unit live a few times. It ruled.

I love my original monotron.  Jazzmarazz has a point for some types of music, depending on how you use it.  It works great for me for less traditional stuff.  I really want a duo.  I want to try out a delay before I decide to buy, but it does seem good.

/dev/sda2

I'm really tempted to buy one of these... A pocket-sized analog synth sounds pretty sweet.

Madriz, Supain

I use the delay one as a delay. Thats all the sound youre gonna get from them

Brunswick, GA USA

They're handy for quick effects and great for projects. Mine is still mint. VSTs sound prettier but that's not what it's for.

Los Angeles, CA

The filters are really nice actually!  The ribbon controller leaves something to be desired.  But the external in and the price makes these pretty great.

The Rubber Man

So that's actually what I was thinking of, yes: some concert matters. it might be an interesting gadget indeed. And good-lookin' - which isn't unimportant while gigs, y'know.

Last edited by YERZMYEY (Oct 7, 2013 10:58 am)

Murcia, Spain

If you could change that ribbon controller for a MIDI keyboard or something similar, these guys would be awesome. Being impossible to tune your performance, makes them lose a lot...
I've got the Delay and simple one (which I wish I had left in the shop and taken the Duo instead).

Madriz, Supain

Not being able to tune shit up ruins them, yes

Portsmouth, Uk

I Was Given The Duo As A Birthday Present (Friday) I Love The Fuckin Thing. Really Wanna Get The Other 2 And Have A Real Good Play

Czech republic

There are mods for midi in - you basicaly only need CV and gate and those solder pads are labeled on monotron pcb. You can even buy a kit.

You can get the kit here:
http://beatnic.jp/products/midi-if-kit-for-monotron/

Last edited by ashimoke (Oct 7, 2013 3:00 pm)

Murcia, Spain
ashimoke wrote:

There are mods for midi in - you basicaly only need CV and gate and those solder pads are labeled on monotron pcb. You can even buy a kit.

You can get the kit here:
http://beatnic.jp/products/midi-if-kit-for-monotron/

OK this must be the best discovery in the month. I've been looking for a way to send MIDI-IN  to the monotron for ages and didn't find ANYTHING!
Do you know of any tutorial/documentation in English about this? Also, I see that is a japanese website. Can we buy directly from there?

Czech republic
DogTag wrote:

OK this must be the best discovery in the month. I've been looking for a way to send MIDI-IN  to the monotron for ages and didn't find ANYTHING!
Do you know of any tutorial/documentation in English about this? Also, I see that is a japanese website. Can we buy directly from there?

I think so - there are international shipping rates mentioned. You can switch to semi-english version of that site (top right corner). There is also link to construction guide in the item description. Look closer wink

Madriz, Supain

Dogtag, build two, you now I want one