Taichung, Taiwan

+ Power Drill to make pilot holes.
+ Dremel w/ cut-off wheel for big cuts.
+ Small Diagonal Cutters for small cuts.
+ Hand file for fitting.

+Clear PiL DMG-01 Case

clovis CA

idk if i would use a clear pil case, but its cool. maybe add some leds arround it or something wink

Taichung, Taiwan

Did a mock up on a greyboy and had a spare clear case laying around.

My concerns for an enclosure were as follows:
- Properly measured mounting points and surfaces.
- Angle at which the cart entered in the "slot" of the enclosure to the connector.
- Coverage and protection of the PCB and components.

Since the PCB of the DMG and programmer were of comparable thickness and nothing was blocking the original mounting holes of the cartridge connector I felt that mounting the programmer inside a DMG case was the most logical solution.

Using a clear case would allow the user to forgo any further drilling of the case to expose the lit LEDs, keeping as few and unnecessary cuts and holes as possible in the modding process of the case itself.

Additional LEDs would not serve any purpose functionally and I feel the enclosure looks good as is.

Last edited by katsumbhong (Oct 6, 2013 8:11 am)

Michigan

It looks damn good! Sorry to have hurried the board though.  Next time they should fit without drelliof nyn ng of any kind.

Taichung, Taiwan
Jazzmarazz wrote:

It looks damn good! Sorry to have hurried the board though.  Next time they should fit without drelliof nyn ng of any kind.

It's all good man! I was able to practice my skills of fitting things into cases.

Michigan

Wow my phone massacres text.:lol: