Alive and well in fucksville

can I add a line in to my ds or improve the mic at all? I just got electroplankton... it does cool crap.

Abandoned on Fire

LINK: https://sites.google.com/site/seward23c … e/projects

This is a mod to the DS headset connector that I drew up a few years ago.  It will give you a more usable line-in and a stereo out like you're used to.

the link on the website is forbidden

Abandoned on Fire
bitjacker wrote:

the link on the website is forbidden

Weird.  Well, the only thing in that link besides the picture is this text:  "From the simple circuit here: http://www.tkk.fi/Misc/Electronics/circ … o_mic.html For sampling into Nitrotracker etc. with a normal line-level source."

EDIT:  you can ignore that part that says "order is important here" because it's not.  not sure what i was thinking when i drew that tongue

Last edited by egr (Oct 13, 2013 7:32 pm)

i dont have that connector. mine is the first original ds...

Abandoned on Fire

Can you use a headset with mic on your ds?

i wonder if i can just do what i did to my casio sk-100... just added a rca jack to the mic on the board. kinda sloppy, i know, but low volume stuff makes good samples.

*brainfart lightbulb goes off* wonder if i could find fram that would work in the sk-100....

Abandoned on Fire
bitjacker wrote:

i wonder if i can just do what i did to my casio sk-100... just added a rca jack to the mic on the board. kinda sloppy, i know, but low volume stuff makes good samples.

Sure!  If you wire in the resistors like on the input jack above you won't have to worry so much about keeping your input signal low enough.  The resistors will take it down to mic level.

Last edited by egr (Oct 13, 2013 7:42 pm)

sometimes the distortion from crap thats too loud is awesome though.

Abandoned on Fire
bitjacker wrote:

sometimes the distortion from crap thats too loud is awesome though.

Very true.