sweden

Hi

I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with the GBA SP Mini Winding Charger? Looks like a cool and eco-friendly solution for hiking, backpacking etc.

An emergency hand-powered charger for the Gameboy Advance SP, that also doubles as a mini emergency torch. Brilliant gadget for the GBA SP player who's out and about a lot.

GBA SP Mini Winding Charger - Features:
• Wind the charger slowly by hand to recharge the GBA SP Battery
• Turn 2.5 cycles per second to generate electricity to recharge the GBA SP battery.
• 8 minutes of spinning provides up to 30 minutes of battery life (with light) and up to 45 minutes (without light)
• Using the winding charger is not advised for more than 15 minutes (potential overheating problems)
• Turn 1.5 cycles per second to generate electricity to power the emergency mini torch

Also does anyone know any place that still sells them?

/ nordloef

rochester, ny

Wow!

Unfortunately I can't help you but I am super interested in this. Have you seen the solar charger too?

matt's mind

i've seen versions of these at places which are for general charging needs (not nintendo specific). 

i last saw them at this store called Ollie's, which carries stuff they buy in bulk from 'last season' from other stores that don't want it, seconds, factory rejects/etc.  not sure what you call stores like that.  "Ollie's Bargain Outlet' i think is its name,

I'll check when I'm there next.  I KNOW they had them for general use, I'm not sure what the specs on it were though.  if they've still got it when i go back buy, i'll pick a few up.  most of that store is super cheap too

sweden
bclikesyou wrote:

Wow!

Unfortunately I can't help you but I am super interested in this. Have you seen the solar charger too?

The solar charger is cool but I can't really use it since I live in Sweden wink

kitsch wrote:

i've seen versions of these at places which are for general charging needs (not nintendo specific). 

i last saw them at this store called Ollie's, which carries stuff they buy in bulk from 'last season' from other stores that don't want it, seconds, factory rejects/etc.  not sure what you call stores like that.  "Ollie's Bargain Outlet' i think is its name,

I'll check when I'm there next.  I KNOW they had them for general use, I'm not sure what the specs on it were though.  if they've still got it when i go back buy, i'll pick a few up.  most of that store is super cheap too

Cool! If some are compatible I guess you maybe could butcher an old SP charger and make an appropriate cable smile