United States
sandneil wrote:

did you leave the filter on or something

thats not a more-than-four-instruments problem

The filter's only on for one instrument.

Edit: that one filtertable is:
01:90 F7
02:00 80
03:1F FF
04:1F 01
05 FF 00

P.S: if you want to see the song file to clarify things I can post that if you want.

Last edited by IceWolf (Oct 26, 2013 4:31 pm)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

While we're on the topic, does anyone know an easy way of added digis to your goattracker song? Or perhaps a powerful tracker that features both powerful SID control and digi tracking?

Currently I'm using digi-organizer and then using a utility to link it to my goattracker SID/PRG but it's an awkward way to compose and a bit of a hassle working with both a C64 and windows program.

jefftheworld wrote:

While we're on the topic, does anyone know an easy way of added digis to your goattracker song? Or perhaps a powerful tracker that features both powerful SID control and digi tracking?

Currently I'm using digi-organizer and then using a utility to link it to my goattracker SID/PRG but it's an awkward way to compose and a bit of a hassle working with both a C64 and windows program.

Off the top of my head that's probably still the easiest way tbh.  With the old 1.x GT you could use out of range tempo commands in your tracks as drum notifications.  (eg: 7C1 for bass drum, 7C2 for snare)    Then write a little bit of code to trigger samples when they were detected.   Obviously you still wouldn't hear when it was being written, but you could write your drum patterns in GT at least.   In the later 2.x versions I think it only updates a counter, which is great for syncing demo effects but for music you'd still need an external bit of code to play the pattern.

United States

Well here's the song file https://db.tt/GgSiELzV . Still throwing ideas around and I wanted to add more instruments but everything after the 4th one won't do what they should.

IceWolf wrote:
sandneil wrote:

did you leave the filter on or something

thats not a more-than-four-instruments problem

05 FF 00

P.S: if you want to see the song file to clarify things I can post that if you want.

are you remembering to  turn it off for the instruments that dont use it

you have to explicitly turn it off when youre done with it

United States
sandneil wrote:
IceWolf wrote:

05 FF 00

are you remembering to  turn it off for the instruments that dont use it

you have to explicitly turn it off when youre done with it

So I have to use command B00 in the effect column when it's not being used...?