London, UK

Hi everyone

I have been using MSSIAH for a while with a SD2IEC and have had no problems with it saving and loading. However I have just started using monosynth rather than sequencer and though it lets me export and import patterns and patches it does not allow me to save my project in mono synth. It goes through the motions as if it is saving but then when you try and open it it states 'no files'.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Tom

Czech Republic

I don't know, how SD2IEC works, but I use MMC2IEC and I have to save to it's internal format M2I similar to D64.
So I have to load this disc image with Prophet64 and then I can save to this disc.
So I think I can't use MSSIAH cartridge with this M2I image together, because MSSIAH starts autamatically and then I can't load that disc image.
Or maybee I can load M2I disc, than insert MSSIAH cartridge and than use soft restart, so both should be prepared.
But I didn't try it yet.
Check out if there are your save files from monosynth stored in your SD card (without using MSSIAH) - through Load "$"command.

London, UK

Hi

When I put the sd card in to my pc the project files from MSSIAH Mono synth are on there and named correctly in the .P64 format. When I use the disk management tool on MSSIAH to view the files on the SD they are simply listed as un-named(Blank) files that have a size of 11 blocks.

Why mono synth does not see the files when trying to open them though I really do not understand....

London, UK

frustrated to say I have still not worked out this issue. Just realised you can update the firmware on the sd2iec and i was running one that was well out of date. annoyingly the latest firmware installed and still i can not save mono synth project files on mssiah to my sd card.

anyone have any ideas? or how are other people saving their files on their c64?!

Dallas, Texas
handbaked wrote:

anyone have any ideas? or how are other people saving their files on their c64?!

I don't have an sd2iec device yet (planning on getting the SDrive1541 with LCD), but I currently use a XU1541 and OpenCBM libraries to transfer straight from my computer to a 1541 disk drive. and visa versa.

I hope you find a solution to your problem.

USA

Are you using the same disk image as your other saves? Maybe trying with a fresh blank image file would solve it. Read about similar troubles on lemon 64.