PDX

Can anyone help identify this poly synth sound? I have so many patches but I can't seem to identify this simple sound, or what type of sound it is (how to recreate it).

http://tinyurl.com/y3zs256

I guess it depends on what type of synth you're trying to recreate it on.

New York City

I'd use two OSCs, both with a triangle wave, one slightly detuned, then add unison to it. The arpeggiator will do the rest. Experiment with the filter, though. Oh, a low attack on the envelope.

At least this is what comes off the top of my head. I reserve the right to be completely wrong tongue

PDX
akira^8GB wrote:

I'd use two OSCs, both with a triangle wave, one slightly detuned, then add unison to it. The arpeggiator will do the rest. Experiment with the filter, though. Oh, a low attack on the envelope.

At least this is what comes off the top of my head. I reserve the right to be completely wrong tongue

Wow... impressive. I will try this.

PDX
arlen wrote:

I guess it depends on what type of synth you're trying to recreate it on.

Omnisphere

Adelaide, Australia

This is similar, but not exactly the same. First is dry and then with delay, reverb, stereo spread and highpass filter.

Just for fun and to procrastinate. big_smile Was made in buzz with FSM Infector using 3 oscs. 2 x PWM Squares with differing pulse widths and one transposed down an octave and detuned (12 cents). Then there's a sub osc which is a saw. Arp was done manually. The synth is limited since I can only detune the transposed osc. I think it might sound better to detune the top osc and not the octave transposed one.

Last edited by freezedream (Apr 21, 2010 3:50 am)

New York City

Oh yeah, one OSC transposed an octave! I forgot that.

PDX
freezedream wrote:

This is similar, but not exactly the same. First is dry and then with delay, reverb, stereo spread and highpass filter.

Just for fun and to procrastinate. big_smile Was made in buzz with FSM Infector using 3 oscs. 2 x PWM Squares with differing pulse widths and one transposed down an octave and detuned (12 cents). Then there's a sub osc which is a saw. Arp was done manually. The synth is limited since I can only detune the transposed osc. I think it might sound better to detune the top osc and not the octave transposed one.

Holy...

The Game - you just won it.

A gray world of dread

Nice reverse engineering, freezedream! Good work.

FSM Infector is awesome, this and the M4w (not II) are my fav Buzz synths.

Adelaide, Australia

Hey, thanks! I was just mucking around. I've never tried re-synthesizing a sound before, but it was fun. smile

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

That is very, very close.  It feels like the original ADSR has a little less attack, but it sounds nicer the way you did it anyway.