Michigan
kineticturtle wrote:
egr wrote:

Multi-rom "noise cart" would be fantastic!  Deathray+Pounder+REZ+Shitwave+Brownian Noise+ ???

THIS
muddygb maybe? And isnt' there a shitwave 2?

ALSO:
What's the possibility of having the carts done in colors other than grey? PiL colors maybe... hinthint

All but green. *trollface*

Jkjk....

Sweeeeeeden

I don't want to poop too much on the on the idea, but if you have any EMS cart (blue or EMS) you can actually use the cartidge's bult-in multi-ROM functionality. One way to do this is with a regular menu ROM, but for things that don't use saves, LittleFM can do this multi-ROM switching and you can have LSDj + almost any number of noise ROMs on a single cartridge. I'm thinking people might not be aware of this.

Abandoned on Fire
nitro2k01 wrote:

I don't want to poop too much on the on the idea, but if you have any EMS cart (blue or EMS) you can actually use the cartidge's bult-in multi-ROM functionality. One way to do this is with a regular menu ROM, but for things that don't use saves, LittleFM can do this multi-ROM switching and you can have LSDj + almost any number of noise ROMs on a single cartridge. I'm thinking people might not be aware of this.

Thats a good tip! For me, I'm still interested in these as a cheap way to keep these roms on hand without sacrificing a fully functional flash cart. Same thing with Kitsch's eprom carts.

Matthew Joseph Payne

what egr said!

Straya Mate

Cart colours are grey for the moment or I can do them in those generic transparent blue cases, however they are colour cart shell copies tongue

I "might" be able to get some different cart shells made, but their costly when deviating from normal. I'll see what I can do.

Michigan
nitro2k01 wrote:

I made a multi-rom with the ems menu and they do not run on normal carts (for obvious reasons). I am still not well learned enough to write my own from select menu for ordinary carts...

Sweeeeeeden

You can't. The hardware needs to support it. A regular MBC5 cartridge just doesn't.

You end up needing to modify each rom itself correct? (Due to where the physical addresses of the roms end up in respect to the whole memory)

Madriz, Supain

Does someone already tried this? Imwondering, if the sav data is readable Id like to get a few lsdj's..

Sweeeeeeden
12ianma wrote:

You end up needing to modify each rom itself correct? (Due to where the physical addresses of the roms end up in respect to the whole memory)

No, no edits will help. Because of how the Gameboy memory map is constructed, this is, in general, impossible. Normally, the lower 16 kiB of the memory map (the so called bank 0) is not switchable, and is always constant. But Tetris's bank 0 is not identical to Pokémon's bank 0, and so a multicart still needs to be able to switch that memory area. And again an MBC5 is designed to always keep that data constant.

Madriz, Supain
katsumbhong wrote:
Alpine wrote:

sorry, call me a noob, but couldn't you dump the save with a physical cart flasher (e.g. Jazz's) or would that not work?

If the cart that is being made is flashable.

You can't just stick in any gameboy cart into a flasher and flash stuff into it.

isnt he talking about the sav data? I cant flash a gbcamera but i dump my pictures every now and then

Michigan

Bump.

Is this still a thing, Darko? I might be interested in a handful of carts soon. non-music related.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Dec 4, 2013 10:12 pm)

Straya Mate

It can be, I've just been too busy to give it anytime right now, have some other projects going.

PM me what you're after man smile