Washington, PA

I got this crazy idea... would a GameBoy (in this case, a Pocket) be able to power two of these Danelectro HoneyTone guitar amps for stereo amplification? Like, plugging a 1/8" stereo to dual 1/4" mono splitter from the Pocket to each of the amp inputs... would there be enough power to run 2 1W amps?

I really like these little Danelectro amps for my guitar and I figured I could set up 3 for a sort of GameBoy busking setup.

Taichung, Taiwan

Yes, No, Maybe.

Brunswick, GA USA

Brace for a battery life of 4 seconds. Why not install the batteries in everything properly?

UK, Leicester
katsumbhong wrote:

Yes, No, Maybe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm_glhTAK-Y
I can't even embed video, it's not what it usually is

Hella unhelpfull, I know, however, I don't think that would work particularly well, as chunter said, you probably wouldn't be able to get that much time out of them.

Last edited by Alpine (Nov 5, 2013 8:00 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

Quit being a cheap ass and buy the 9v batteries.

Unsubscribe

Get a battery powered keyboard amp instead. or a Ipod boombox thingy.

Washington, PA

I think I need to clarify... the amps would be running on 9V batteries or an AC adapter. I was wondering more about whether the output of the Pocket split into two mono outputs would have enough signal for both or if the Pocket's batteries would die faster from sending output to two amps.

Abandoned on Fire

It would be fine power wise but since the gameboy puts out far more signal than a guitar the amps will distort almost immediately... which can sound cool if that's what you're after.

Washington, PA

Well, these little Danelectro amps distort pretty easily, so that's not much of a concern. I tried using just one (haven't bought another one for this experiment yet) and was able to get a pretty decent sound.

Seattle, WA

Proud owner of a roland cube street, makes portable chip extra rad/