hey could anyone shed some light on a problem im having, me and a friend are working on a project together and we have pretty much everything sorted but we need a way of syncing our 2 laptops together (hes running reason 4 and im running ableton 8 suite), and my question is, is it possible to connect them both using rewire and across a LAN network?
thanks in advance smile

Nashville, Tennessee

it might be possible, but probably not across a lan network... i know you can midi sync two laptops and just have the clocks sync up via a midi connection between two recording interfaces (two presonus firestudios while running ableton and logic in this case.) not quite sure how you would do it over lan though. sorry!

Unsubscribe

Yea rewire only works on the same machine. If all you need is sync, and the computers are in the same physical location, jsut do midi sync between the machines, should work ok!

uhajdafdfdfa

http://www.fx-max.com/fxt/

edit: maybe this isn't quite what you are looking for.

If you both have audio interfaces with several in/outs, that'd be nice and easy. If you don't both have audio interfaces, get them! tongue

Last edited by ant1 (Apr 22, 2010 10:41 am)

thanks everyone for the help im gunna have to win the lottery not so i can afford an interface and ant1 that fx transfer thing seems really handy as i do everything on a netbook i could do with taking the load off the cpu, thanks

Unsubscribe

You cant afford $25 for a midi interface? All the sync thigns ive used sucked over network compared to midi.. good luck!

Sweeeeeeden

Seems like Giga Teleport is what you actually want.

uhajdafdfdfa

That's just for Tascam Gigastudio though?

"If you want to use dedicated machines not only for Giga Studio, but also for running other VST effects or instruments, you'll have to use FX Teleport in combination with Giga VST Adapter."

where can i get a midi interface from for that price?