Hi Folks.

I just thought I'd let you know that I've released an iPhone/iPod Mod/SID/iTunes library player if anybody is interested, called GeekTunes. Its a "one stop shop" app that will play everything from the one app.. or at least that was my aim.

Its been designed for easy use in the car so it has big buttons..

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/geektun … 19265?mt=8
Official page: https://sites.google.com/site/geektunes2/

Cheers
Sparky

Last edited by SparkyNZ (Nov 7, 2013 9:44 am)

Bratislava, Slovakia

I would like to have in my iPhone player like it was DeliTracker/EaglePlayer on Amiga, respectively DeliPlayer on Windows. Modizer is fine, but sometimes it crashes.

Joliette, QC, Canada

6.49$...
I think I will stay to Modizer !

martin_demsky wrote:

I would like to have in my iPhone player like it was DeliTracker/EaglePlayer on Amiga, respectively DeliPlayer on Windows. Modizer is fine, but sometimes it crashes.

DeliTracker was an awesome player. I used to use it all the time.. Especially for TFMX tunes.

martin_demsky wrote:

Oops, the AppStore link was broken. Just fixed it.

Sweden

What does it offer over modizer?

boomlinde wrote:

What does it offer over modizer?

Well first of all I'm not trying to compete with Modizer. Modizer looks fantastic. The big difference with my app is that I can sit it in front of me when I'm driving and its easy to navigate to what I want to listen to because of the big buttons. My app isn't designed to look pretty nor have lovely effects - I designed it for myself with the particular goal being ease of use when you can't fiddle around with small tiny buttons and widgets because you should be keeping your eyes on the road.

Not having used Modizer personally, the main feature I like best about my app is the ability to have it on random play with the ability to lock in the current artist thats playing so you can play any of their tunes, any tunes from the album that current tune is from etc.

Its a work in progress but at present it fills my "why can't this music app do that" needs. Oh yeah.. and unlike some players it works with the remote control so I can skip back and forth using the car's controls on the steering wheel.

I'm hoping to add OctaMED/Soundstudio support in the near future too.. kinda have to since all my mods were written in OctaMED and I've yet to find a player that will play OctaMED mods back correctly.

Bratislava, Slovakia
SparkyNZ wrote:
martin_demsky wrote:

DeliTracker was an awesome player. I used to use it all the time.. Especially for TFMX tunes.

EaglePlayer has better TFMX replayer, i was able to mute channels even on 7V title tunes, and study Huelsbeck's genial sequencing. smile

Last edited by martin_demsky (Nov 7, 2013 12:15 pm)

XyNo wrote:

6.49$...

Not to be rude, but I find it funny when people cry about a program costing less than half tank of gas. People work hard on programs and should be paid well for it in my opinion, 7$ is totally reasonable.

Sweden

I think it's totally reasonable as well to remind people that if you don't need the car-optimized GUI and remote control options of this, there's software available at a third of its price that plays more music formats, categorizes and manages downloads from online music archives. It's not unreasonable to prefer the cheapest option that fulfills your requirements.

Unsubscribe

The biggest thing that keeps me from using modizer is that I cannot save from online archives to the device automatically (yea im lazy). Can your app do this?

herr_prof wrote:

The biggest thing that keeps me from using modizer is that I cannot save from online archives to the device automatically (yea im lazy). Can your app do this?

The current version I am working on will download HVSC with one tap. Something that somebody asked for.

Joliette, QC, Canada
lukasz wrote:
XyNo wrote:

6.49$...

Not to be rude, but I find it funny when people cry about a program costing less than half tank of gas. People work hard on programs and should be paid well for it in my opinion, 7$ is totally reasonable.

Yeah I know but I will throw what Linde said !

boomlinde wrote:

I think it's totally reasonable as well to remind people that if you don't need the car-optimized GUI and remote control options of this, there's software available at a third of its price that plays more music formats, categorizes and manages downloads from online music archives. It's not unreasonable to prefer the cheapest option that fulfills your requirements.

Maybe I will try it if it reads SNDH files someday !!! wink

lukasz wrote:
XyNo wrote:

6.49$...

Thanks for that. The price was a stab in the dark. I had already bought SIDPlayer and 2 other mod playing apps before Modizer came out and I didn't have a "play everything" solution. It's hard working out what price to put on something .. I could drop the price. More than happy too actually if I exceed my 5 sales count. :-) it costs US $100 each year to keep an Apple product on the store. My goal was really to get the app to pay for that only. I don't expect it to allow me to retire. :-)

boomlinde wrote:

I totally agree. Horses for courses. One of my goals is to try out voice recognition but I don't know how successful that would be while music is playing loud.. Again thats aimed at hands free use in the car.. Or bathtub ..

Price has been dropped. See how that goes ;-)