uhajdafdfdfa

Ok, a "fakebit" compilation. Some of you probably think that is a really lame idea, and it probably is. But I'm putting it together anyway.

DAWs, VSTs, hardware synths, MIDI, samples, soundfonts, rack effects - some of you have got to be into that stuff! So, anything you could still call "chip" in the broadest definition goes, as long as it uses nothing "old-school". No LSDJ, no C64, etc.

I'll try to find some other people who will help me decide which tracks make it and which aren't good enough, hopefully the quality will be pretty high.

If you're interested, post here, if you think it's dumb, PM me and tell me I'm an idiot but don't post here. If you've got a track you would like to submit, send an mp3 or ogg file (quality doesn't matter, I'll ask everyone who gets chosen resubmit in high quality) to [email protected] tongue

People who showed some interest so far:

- The J Arthur Keenes Band
- 8-bit Weapon
- an-cat-max
- DS-10 Dominator
- MoxoM
- Sneedlehog
- DJ Hollow Life
- smiletron
- orangebit
- electrodreams
- shotgun breakdown
- 2PLAYER
- Zwickel
- MysticHero
- tacticalbread
- PlainFlavored
- FantomenK
- egr
- We The Sick
- fluidvolt
- locks
- Jonnyriddle

I already got tracks from:

- MoxoM
- The J. Arthur Keenes Band
- pandastar

Thanks! big_smile

Last edited by ant1 (Apr 24, 2010 6:09 pm)

))<>((

wooo, just got Live reinstalled yesterday. If I've got time, count me interested. ;D

Might poop out something in Sunvox for this.

uhajdafdfdfa

Ok, cool! Thanks. smile

Abandoned on Fire

LGPT + the st-xx samples you pointed me to sound ok for this?

uhajdafdfdfa

I'm going to say no, because A. LGPT is based on LSDj and runs on handheld games consoles and is therefore quite similar to LSDj and not very fake, and B. the samples come from Amiga, which is also not very fake. sad Sorry!

Abandoned on Fire
ant1 wrote:

I'm going to say no, because A. LGPT is based on LSDj and runs on handheld games consoles and is therefore quite similar to LSDj and not very fake, and B. the samples come from Amiga, which is also not very fake. sad Sorry!

Gotcha.  Hope I didn't offend anyone buy claiming LGPT is "fake" smile

uhajdafdfdfa

Oh, I doubt anyone cares that much! big_smile

Still interested, or not?

Abandoned on Fire
ant1 wrote:

I need to get more familiar with the latest Renoise update so, yeah, Renoise + VSTi's

Geneva, NY

pffft. 100% samples?  LGPT is as fakebit as you can get!

uhajdafdfdfa
egr wrote:
ant1 wrote:

I need to get more familiar with the latest Renoise update so, yeah, Renoise + VSTi's

Ok, added you to the list.

I'm completely interested, as fakebit is the only kind o' bit I do. wink

uhajdafdfdfa

Ok, added to the list. smile

Porto

this is a crappy idea, count me in.

uhajdafdfdfa

Ok, added to the list. smile

Milton Keynes, England

I am intrested... But so far I have never completed any of the songs I have started that use nothing but Ableton... So, we'll see I guess!