Nanoloop 2.7 is out. It brings a few little improvements, listed here:

http://www.nanoloop.com/two/specs.html

I espicially like "step pause". In other sequencers (like nanoloop on Android) I often chain patterns, but usually just for slight variations of the same pattern rather than entirely different ones. Step pause is a simple way to create such variations within one pattern.

: D

Step pause function is so exciting! Can't wait.
Also good to hear about sound quality being upped, although it meaning no stereo pan on L/R channels. (right?)

Last edited by _-_- (Nov 19, 2013 10:47 pm)

Los Angeles

all new sounds instantly inspire all new songs. love the new sound of the low end. and the new noise channel functions are blowing me away. it's like a whole new instrument.

Joliette, QC, Canada

Awesome news Oliver !!! big_smile
but Notes can not be shown as values anymore. Only sqaures and bars is making me sad ! I totally loved that on my 2.3 !

Toronto, Canada

Noise arps!!!  YES!! I wanted this badly, so great for hi hat rolls and stuff, use it all the time on 1.6.  Why did you take away the notes values though?  I kind of like being able to see what note I am entering.

Also I'm trying the demo rom in no$gba( I use the 2.6 rom with it everyday at my desk at work and no problems), and the noise doesn't seem to be working properly(regardless of what I do to the parameters I get nothing but a barely audible click, even with the envelope wide open) and as soon as I put a note on the S channel it starts messing with my R and L channels, sounds like it's retriggering the envelopes, remove the note from S channel goes back to normal.  Actually with a little more experimenting it seems like the LFO on the S channel is re-triggering the envelopes on the R and L channels , as it seems fine until I kick over to LFO mode.

I've also tried it in visualboy advance, but just like the 2.6 rom, you get constant buzz as soon as you load the rom

Am I missing something here, or are these actual bugs?

I'm hesitant to update my actual cart until I've messed with it a bit in the emu to see if I like the features enough to change over, as I'm not keen to lose the note values, although the noise arp has me excited if I can get it to work.

Last edited by Infinity Curve (Nov 20, 2013 3:02 pm)

Toronto, Canada

Now I'm not sure what is going on?  The LFO on the S channel causes clicks in time to the sweep, and I seem to be getting something similar with the normal mode too?  Also seems like the filter settings on the S channel have no effect on the sound, regardless of mode.  And I still can't get anything aside from a click out of the noise channel.

L and R seem to be working normally.  Is the demo rom broken or something?  I am well experienced with 2.6, but this has me stumped.

Los Angeles

ya I gotta keep my secondary nl cart with 2.6 so I can see note values somewhere.

Toronto, Canada

This is working on your cart though?  The demo rom does not seem to work properly on my end.

Poland, Gdansk

btw the update takes sooo much time

Toronto, Canada

Ya, it definitely seems like there is something wrong here with the demo; the filters do nothing to the R and L channels either

detroit

very cool

Alive and well in fucksville

i may have to get a nanoloop 2 cart... but a mod i did on my gba sp (gbaccelerator)  does not allow the 1.6 cart to work. wondering if same will be true for my ds (same mod installed) with nanoloop 2 cart? i guess i got a little sloppy on the sp mod and knocked a resistor loose (seems to work fine with everything but 1.6)

I'm sorry, the demo was a broken file (lacking wave- and other tables). Please download again.

São Paulo, Brazil

now, THAT is a really great update!

Also, forget to mention free running LFOs and soft attack. Just updated http://www.nanoloop.com/two/specs.html.