Two quick questions for you guys...my arduinoboy is working, but is there a way to get mgb to cycle through midi channels? Every note I play when connected to my junk 106 and my studiologic 990 pro, the only channel that works is the first channel. Both these keyboards can only output one midi channel at a time, but I figured that there would be a setting on mgb or arduinoboy to rotate the channels...is this not the case? I can change the channel and get the other voices to work singularly, so I know it is at least working...if there isn't a way to do this, does anyone know of a way to make Logic Pro to do this rotating midi channel thing so I can get some polyphony?

Secondly, am I able to take the ATMega out of the arduino and just use that singularly without modification with the arduinobiy circuit so I don't have to stuff my arduino in my project box?

Bristol

If you set your midi channel output to channel 5 (by default, you can change this) you will access the 'polyphonic' MGB channel, which plays channels 1,2 and 3 together as one, and if you are hitting less than 3 keys, cycles between these channels on each note press.
Hope that helps!

Michigan

What kind of arduino d you have? I want to say yes, you may remove it and build it into an enclosure without the arduino but you have to make sure you attach a clock source since it will be relying on the clock built into your arduino.

Thank you liquidcalm, you're a gentleman and a scholar. It works perfectly, apparently I'm just an idiot. It is funny you're the one that answered my question, I happened across your site the other day, I love the live looping video with the arduinoboy and kaoss pad and everything else. So good!

Jazzmarazz, I used 2player's design based off the original trash80 schematic
http://2playermusic.tumblr.com/post/703 … arduinoboy

Sorry, I misread, thought you meant which arduinoboy design did I follow. I used an arduino uno.

Michigan

That's fine. Yeah, the uno has a socketed atmega which can be wired up externally as soon as you have it programmed, which you obviously do.

Good deal. Thanks so much for the help everyone! I've got this, ordered a Chip Maestro, and am repairing a Commodore 64, so now I've got a ton of stuff to pump out some chiptunes!