detroit

is this even possible? i've done what research i could and i have had no luck whatsoever. ive had soundfonts work on a psp running piggy with no problem.  can anyone shed some light on this?

Unsubscribe

It should work fine, are you using the ghetto? Is the soundfont very big? You might need to stick to very small ones because of memory limitations.

Can you post the font somewhere so we can report it to marc?

detroit

im running 1.2a_044. the font is a decent size. nothing crazy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1t7fwitmejhmbr/Rhodes_73.SF2

edit: i just got this font working on my windows version of piggy. hand placed it in my samples folder and it worked immediately upon opening the project file.

Last edited by barbeque (Nov 25, 2013 11:03 pm)

Unsubscribe

sounds like a gp2x bug then, i wont have access to my gp2x for another week but ill point marc at this thread.

detroit

much appreciated. ive tried many of various sizes, none of which seem to work at all.

Unsubscribe

Hopefully its something simple, but if works one place it should work everywhere with the latest ghetto.

There was a bug preventing using soundfonts on caanoo so this might be just the same. Since I fixed that 'fairely' recently, try the last ghetto (which is 1.3l?) and get back on whether it still craps with that one.

detroit

I'll try this out momentarily. thanks !

detroit

ok, so i've gotten piggy to recognize various soundfonts but there is no sound coming from any of them. using small or large sized fonts makes no difference either.

Unsubscribe

which fonts? are they sf2 files? Have you tried single instrument fonts?

detroit

a bunch of different fonts. all sf2 files, including that rhodes font i linked earlier in the thread. i have also tried other single instruments with no luck. sad

Unsubscribe

and only on gp2x or windows as well?

detroit

soundfonts have always worked on windows for me, but like i said earlier i do almost all of my tracking on gp2x.

Unsubscribe

ah so the problem is likey still unfixed on the gp2x ghetto.

detroit

hmm