matt's mind

yeah, this is a good thread for sure.

whoever took the photos of the 64M and smartboy carts is a horrible photographer.

Sweeeeeeden
kitsch wrote:

whoever took the photos of the 64M and smartboy carts is a horrible photographer.

Haha wink

BK

It should be noted that in cases where the USB jack is built into the cartridge, a Mega Memory Cart can still be used to transfer the sav file from another non-usb cart (ems, non-usb bleepbloop cart) over to the cart with the USB jack and backed up to a computer from there. So, in effect, these carts can be used almost like a transferrer but with a few more steps involved.

Abandoned on Fire
Kris k wrote:

It should be noted that in cases where the USB jack is built into the cartridge, a Mega Memory Cart can still be used to transfer the sav file from another non-usb cart (ems, non-usb bleepbloop cart) over to the cart with the USB jack and backed up to a computer from there. So, in effect, these carts can be used almost like a transferrer but with a few more steps involved.

That's a good idea! smile

Spokompton

Does the Smartboy USB writer work with the old EMS 32MB carts?

Unsubscribe

to backup and write savs, yes, to write roms, no.

Sweeeeeeden
undergroundclouds wrote:

Does the Smartboy USB writer work with the old EMS 32MB carts?

It will actually work fully or partially on some of the older revisions of the EMS cartridges, but as a general rule, no, only SRAM and no flash.

matt's mind

nope (if you meant the software).  partially if you meant the cartridges themselves.  the cartridges themselves work in that programmer though (sram like nitro said).

here's the link to that programmer's software: http://www.hkems.com/download%20-%20Tra … &2.htm

Spokompton

And it seems like currently the Smartboy carts (if you can get a hold of them) only come with the writer. So if you buy more than one, you end up with redundant writers laying around.

Sweeeeeeden

Kitsch: When I said "work fully or partially" my point was actually not SRAM. The 32M EMS cartridge cames in at least 4 different revisions. For the newest, and apparently most popular one, flashing will not work with the GBFlasher (BleepBloop/Smartboy) type writer. There's an older revision with 4 Atmel Flash chips, which will work, but only one of the chips will be available, so it's practically only an 8M cartridge when using a GBFlasher writer. There's yet another, even older, model which, if I recall correctly, will actually work fully with a GBFlasher writer. I'll have to come back on that one though. Still, unless you've been around for 10 years like me, chances are you have the newer model.

Canada

I'm not sure about the USB version or any previous revisions, but I know that none of my four EMS carts work on a(n unmodified) Game Boy Pocket because their power consumption is quite high. They also drain batteries on my other Game Boys a bit faster than normal carts, but it isn't too bad. I'd really like to track on the Pocket though.

Scotland

I tried to use BleepBloop cart once, but it didn't load, kept coming up 'RAM HEADER: FULL, OF GUILT".

I kid, I kid!

Cambridge, MA

As to the LED that comes with the cart, I got a Red Bleep Bloop and it came with a blue LED. I was somewhat pissed that the colors didn't match. >.>

I have a Red fetish when it comes to musical instruments...

Tokyo, Japan
BetaSynapse wrote:

As to the LED that comes with the cart, I got a Red Bleep Bloop and it came with a blue LED. I was somewhat pissed that the colors didn't match. >.>

that would suck.

Unsubscribe

Im glad mine didnt come with any leds.. lame!

Godzilladelph

sorry, but was kind of totally bummed when i found out littlefm did not stand for little frequency modulation.
*wishes that was possible on a gameboy*