Sweeeeeeden

Oh, hello super-old thread. Nope, it stands for file manager. smile

New York City

I have a question regarding the EMS catridges: if I put LSDJ in both banks, and since both banks share the same SRAM, will both copies work fine using the same savefile or will the bank somehow unexplicably try to overwrite the bank with its own shit even when it is a SRAM of the same software?

I am trying to o overcome the fast reboot issue.

Minneapolis

No, both banks *should* just use the same SRAM, assuming the two versions of LSDJ are identical. Normally, if two different ROMs are competing for the SRAM they will either initialize the SRAM as being "unformatted" or just clobber the other program's data. LSDJ should not do that.

Sweeeeeeden

What arfink said. That's probably the best thing you can do for carts that are "stuck" on one page.

New York City

Is this confirmed? Because I heard all "shoulds", and I think it "should", but I don't know if it DOES.

Minneapolis

OK, lemme put it this way: "it should work" means "it will work unless your cart is royally and truly f-ed up beyond usability." Which some people report as happening to their EMS carts. Go for it.

New York City

The fact that nobody seems to have done it, is why I worry tongue
I'[ll get the EMS cart probably anyway, I don't want to support anything or anyone related to 8BC in any way.

matt's mind

it works.  just fine.

New York City

Thanks Kitsch!