Arizona

It's not my item and I honestly have no idea who has listed this but I thought I'd post it here so the community can see it. I'm sure there's others like me that are always looking to expand their PIL collection...From my own experience, blue PILs don't pop up stateside very often.

I almost bought it, but that rocker switch seems like it's popping out a bit too much and the description wasn't very detailed...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Backlit-Backlig … 4179dc98a3

Michigan

Very cool, but you're right about the discription; A lot of past-tense verbs. Had, worked, played. Won't last long in any case.

Litebritedeath Land

Ugh yeah that rocker looks like crap from the blurry shot given.  And sadly that means the hole used to put it in is probably shitty too.

Arizona

I figured it was worth tossing up here...It's a shame that it wasn't loved as much as it should have been. The rocker switch alone speaks volumes.

Indiana

the listing description, in addition to the choice of a powered off picture of a backlit gameboy, seems to strongly suggest this is a broken gameboy.

buy for the shell maybe?

matt's mind

the seller would probably be willing to reply to questions about its functionality/damage/etc

Matthew Joseph Payne

What kitsch said.

I'm fairly certain that this is one of three blue pils I got from someone in a big purchase from outside the US, that I then traded out to someone else... this was over a year ago. The color of the faded front half of the shell is very distinct. The back half is very vivid, totally original color.

It passed through my hands totally unmodded, btw.

Litebritedeath Land

I've been burned to many times on eBay to bother personally.  If someone can't take the time to accurately describe and photograph their item I usually won't even try to get info out of them especially on Buy it Now auctions because by the time a seller responds the item will probably be gone.

Unsubscribe

I thought this thread was about some rare Public Image Limited EP at first.

Milwaukee, WI
herr_prof wrote:

I thought this thread was about some rare Public Image Limited EP at first.

+1

West Yorks, UK

what a rough price for the various PIL's? which are the rarer ones? (i know official white is as rare as hens teeth, thats it)

kineticturtle wrote:

What kitsch said.

I'm fairly certain that this is one of three blue pils I got from someone in a big purchase from outside the US, that I then traded out to someone else... this was over a year ago. The color of the faded front half of the shell is very distinct. The back half is very vivid, totally original color.

It passed through my hands totally unmodded, btw.

I think I got a blue PIL shell from you about a year ago but I didn't do any mods to the shell.  Rebuilt it and sold it to Danimal Cannon.

Madriz, Supain

I still think paying more than 30 for a blue pil is stealing.

I mean, ive seen too many here (spain) to consider it that rare. Plus I dont really like the colour that much.

Last edited by SuperBustySamuraiMonkey (Dec 3, 2013 3:23 pm)

Arizona
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

I mean, ive seen too many here (spain) to consider it that rare. Plus I dont really like the colour that much.

They're not as common here in the US as they are in Europe...At least I believe that's the case.

Madriz, Supain
Limitbreak wrote:
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

They're not as common here in the US as they are in Europe...At least I believe that's the case.

Indeed. Blue was "normal" here the days you were able to buy them at toysrus. I got the clear one because clear was the shit in the 90's, but one of my cousins had the blue one.

I think (imo) the real winner is the white one.

I love all the colors because I'm not Gameboycist.