St. Charles, MO

How do you run 2 games on it? I loaded 2 on 1 page, then i booted it up and said it was out of memory. There is only 1 save file on it and the program says it has 15M free on that page so I don't see what the issue is. Also, how do you know when the battery is low?

matt's mind

make sure you aren't confusing bit and byte.  thats the most common mistake when you get the memory warning prompt

put one in menu 1, and the other in menu 2 and that should solve the issue for ya

(its referring to space available in that menu, not the sav file, unless you are getting a warning i'm not familiar with)

you don't really know, preemptively, when the battery is low.  most people notice when their sav data shows signs of corruption in some way.

***the golden rule*** ALWAYS back up after you've done anything in your project which you'd not want to go back and repeat, just in case.

even with a brand new battery, you could perhaps drop the cart and the battery come loose, then poof!

St. Charles, MO

Okay thanks, but when I put a game in the other menu thing, it just boots straight into the one in menu 1.

Arizona

Not entirely sure what you mean but I'm assuming you are trying to boot up the second game. You have to shut the gameboy off and turn it back on quickly to switch to page 2 on the cart.

matt's mind

yes, this is normal.

if you are in menu 1, to get into menu 2 do this:  turn the console OFF then back ON very quickly. 

if you are in menu 2, to get into menu 1 do this: turn the console off, let it sit unpowered for 10-15 seconds, then turn it back on

the LED on the cart indicates which menu you are in.

menu 1 = no LED
menu 2 = the green LED comes on

St. Charles, MO

Oh ok, I didnt know that. Thanks!

Litebritedeath Land

I always wondered what the LED was for!  I noticed people in videos had the LED constantly on and wondered why.

St. Charles, MO

Oh and one more thing, when I try to load a GBC game (Pocket Music) on my gba, it has the message as I f you booted it up on a gb. "this software is intended for use only on the Gameboy color". I checked the "color" box when writing it to the card and it does work when I use it on a gbc. Lsdj has color when I play it on the gba so I know color games work on it. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Because my gbc isn't backlight modded and I like the light on my gbasp.
EDIT: just noticed that if I attempt it on the gb it obviously doesn't work, but the screen with the message also has a different picture than when used on the gba. Does this game have some sort of lock to not even work on gba?

Last edited by ShinigamiMachine (Dec 9, 2013 1:36 am)

I sometimes get a message saying, "DON'T PANIC, something something I forgot the rest, but what is that? I have had my cart fro about 2 years now, is the battery going to die soon? I used it about an hour a day

Well, it's like you said, GBC only-but lucky for you, Game Boy guru Nitro2k01 has an IPS patch for the Pocket Music rom to fix that problem. http://gbdev.gg8.se/files/musictools/Po … sic%20fix/

Los Angeles

Hello! I know this is kind of a late reply, but I didn,t want to start a new thread for a similar topic. I have pokemon gold and lsdj i want to run off of my cart. When I put each one on its own page (using MottZilla's Flasher/menu, by the way) When one saves it overwrites the other, as expected, But I can get both saves to work using MottZillas flasher by Putting both on one page, However, Lsdj runs at half speed and Pokemon Gold displays the color palette for DMG. I fixed it by clicking the color box then rewriting the roms, but I wish to use this on my Color and my DMG. Is there a solution for this?