Litebritedeath Land

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues contacting ASM Retro about missing parts, etc?  I have ordered about $200 worth of stuff from them in the last couple of months and with my first order they forgot to put in stickers which they sort of took care of.  I ordered one of their $99 modded DMG's and they sent me no stickers whatsoever.  After contacting them they mailed the small ASM logos but none of their apeshit logo stickers that are supposed to come with orders over $50.  No big deal really.  Well last week I received an order with 2 of their clear cases and my clear blue case was missing the new battery contacts and the link port cover.  My clear black case had them in the battery compartment but the clear blue one had nothing.  I tried emailing them 5 days ago and still haven't received a reply.  I resent the message yesterday with "parts missing" in the header.  I really do like the quality of ASM Retro goods but the lack of communication sucks.  I also asked about what exactly they will be restocking as I know they are doing away with DIY goods and was hoping they would be restocking their prosound boards as I like their layout.

I have also contacted them, due to wrong color backlight. Bought yellow, got orange.
Never got a reply though.

Litebritedeath Land

Yeah someone did a MOD for me recently and the same thing happened with their order.  That got sorted out though.  I really want to order some more stuff but unless they can take care of my current issue I'll be shopping elsewhere...

Alive and well in fucksville

I had a backlight show up cracked. been shopping with kitsch ever since.

Taichung, Taiwan

Just PM'd you Corey.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:35 am)

Litebritedeath Land
Apeshit wrote:

Communication from my side may be a bit slow right now because of time zone differences and other reasons. This has been forwarded to our shipping guy, and your replacement parts will be sent out at our expense.

The main problem with communication is due to the fact that people don't realize I'm not the sole operator of ASM Retro, and we're often contacted about problems on forums, facebook etc.. making it extremely difficult to resolve problems. Not to mention a lot of emails aren't even received because people are emailing "[email protected]"

bitjacker wrote:

I had a backlight show up cracked. been shopping with kitsch ever since.

You refused to send the backlight back even though we offered to reimburse your shipping costs. You said you wanted to use the LED board and later emailed us saying you liked the LED board. This is not valid feedback.

I will never let a mistake go unresolved. We just both work other jobs and our time to invest in ASM is quite limited. This is why we've announced our discontinuation of DIY products. There's only so much time we can invest in a project that hasn't turned over a profit in years...

The emails being sent to the donotreply email is due to the wording on your order confirmation emails.  The last line of the email says to reply to the email if you have any issues but the email it's sending to is the donotreply email.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:37 am)

Litebritedeath Land

My order confirmation which is from [email protected] but only shows up as asmretro in the from field unless you dig.  The email states to reply to it so your telling people to reply to a donotreply email address!

Boston, MA

Hey everyone! I am the shipping guy! Here to weigh in on the opinions posted above.

Communication between Rob, myself, and our customers can be fractured at times, we apologize for this! We do however both have other jobs and lives outside of providing top quality GB parts to the community. ASM does not "pay the bills" and therefore cannot be the sole focus of our attention.

We do our best to reply to emails ( feels like the long winded email threads about installations and item swaps have been forgotten! ) and thats all we can do; our best.

@sxe_weekend: Sorry for the confusion, but I should have made this clear during our original email conversation. You were never "owed" stickers for your modded DMG purchase. I build those myself, and Rob does me the favor of allowing me to sell them in the shop, they are not an ASM product and don't count towards stickers. I sent you the original 2 stickers on goodwill (look where it got me!)

This forum isn't the correct place to try to get our attention. You can contact me at my personal email address concerning this and future shipping matters, [email protected].

I want everyone to have exactly the gameboy they want, the gameboy of their dreamz, lets be kind and patient with eachother and make that happen.

(post edited for clarification)

Last edited by ultramega (Dec 10, 2013 1:23 am)

I would just like to say I am 100% satisfied with ASM Retro!  You guys are great!

SLC, UT

Nothing but good experiences from asm. I expect to get what I pay for and nothing else though, not a bunch of free stuff.

Also I had no clue ultramega was part of asm. Mind blown.

Taichung, Taiwan
ultramega wrote:

Hey everyone! I am the shipping guy! Here to weigh in on the opinions posted above.
This forum isn't the correct place to vent about your experience or get our attention.

I'm pretty sure people can vent wherever they like. Not to troll, but if some place isn't giving them customer service they like, they can vent where they feel like.

This is America!