Litebritedeath Land

I just finished modding this unit with one of Kitsch's RGB panels.  It's set to yellow at the moment but it's super easy to open up and switch the color if you know how to solder.  The DMG also has custom buttons from kitsch and a green shield that you can see when there is no cart inserted.  Make me an offer or things you have for trade.  I'm interested in anything related to chiptunes and electronic music gear!

I have a Gameboy Micro I would gladly throw you. Possibly more. Let me know what you're up for.

matt's mind

ahhhhh!  this is the first pic i've seen with one of the colored shields in with a see-thru case

egads!  nice color combo with that guy

Litebritedeath Land
kitsch wrote:

ahhhhh!  this is the first pic i've seen with one of the colored shields in with a see-thru case

Ordered it with this in mind actually!  Wanted to see how your green shield looked in a see through case.

Litebritedeath Land
thebitman wrote:

I have a Gameboy Micro I would gladly throw you. Possibly more. Let me know what you're up for.

Let me see if anyone else shows any interest.  Micros are definitely cool and I would not mind having one again.  I'll definitely keep you in mind!

Litebritedeath Land

weird on my laptop the pictures are sideways but on my iphone they are all straight?

matt's mind

the top one is right side up here, then the next two are sideways (desktop)

Litebritedeath Land

I would be willing to part with this for a Nanoloop two cart or $60 shipped if anyone is interested!

kitsch wrote:

In that case I will send you a few pics this weekend if I can get hands on a decent camera.  I haven't had time to finish any of the stuff I started (plus in need of a few parts).  Both colors are perfect for what I picked them up for.

South Korea

Shit, that is possibly the nicest GB I've seen! Well done mate!

Litebritedeath Land
DeerPresident wrote:

Shit, that is possibly the nicest GB I've seen! Well done mate!

thanks!  glad everyone likes it!  it's my first custom.

Litebritedeath Land

Bump bump bum.

Arizona

It's a very sexy DMG I must say...and I have an off topic question...

The tactile feel of things go a long way with me. I've always enjoyed the original GB shells over most because they feel nice and sturdy, the textured finish on them offers a little bit of grip...they just feel solid when assembled. It's probably because I, like many others here, grew up with these machines in our hands for hours on end and have grown accustomed to how they feel...

Do they have a similar feel or are they kind of slick like clear PIL shell, or perhaps a bit of a softer feel like the Kitschboy cases?

Sorry for such a touchy feely question.

I just did a touch test of mine.  The ASM cases are textured like the grey OEM case.  I don't have a a clear PIL to compare, but it does seem a bit slicker.  That could also be due to a difference of decades of use and wear.

Arizona

Thanks, I've always wondered. It's a small thing, but still...the more you know...

Litebritedeath Land
Limitbreak wrote:

It's a very sexy DMG I must say...and I have an off topic question...

The tactile feel of things go a long way with me. I've always enjoyed the original GB shells over most because they feel nice and sturdy, the textured finish on them offers a little bit of grip...they just feel solid when assembled. It's probably because I, like many others here, grew up with these machines in our hands for hours on end and have grown accustomed to how they feel...

Do they have a similar feel or are they kind of slick like clear PIL shell, or perhaps a bit of a softer feel like the Kitschboy cases?

Sorry for such a touchy feely question.

Yeah it's closer to a GreyBoy textured feel than a slick clear PIL.  The clear black even more so in the textured dept.  they are great cases and feel factory and not cheap at all.