matt's mind

they are trying to recapture the fest this year and make it more about synths and hardware, rather than being an EDM fest like it was last year

asheville has the 'mountain oasis festival' now for EDM, i'm glad moogfest is re-identifying itself considering that...

Brunswick, GA USA

No complaints here. Have lots of fun.

matt's mind

sooooooo,

any body have plans to attend yet?  i know there are a few of you making plans and whatnot who have told me, i'd really love to see a whole bunch of you there and meet the ones i haven't yet!

post if you are even thinking about it (seriously).  to the event at all, not this part specifically

its getting close!

matt's mind

also, this event was renamed 'Synthesis' instead of 'Tech Expo', in case anyone is looking at info and confused

so, who's going to moogfest?  or thinking about it in a very real way?

STARDRAIN, CA

big_smile thx mang! excited to se youre gonna be at moogfest!!!!!!!!

Abandoned on Fire

Me and Brooke are planning to be there at least 2 of the days!

Milwaukee, WI

Found out I'm moving April 16th, which effectively squashes and chances of me being there. sad

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Jan 21, 2014 4:50 pm)

matt's mind

GREAT NEWS!

MaxDolensky will be at the Kitsch-Bent booth helping out on both days of this event, we'll have demos running and the booth (atm) is planned to be sort of a crash spot with stuff to fool around with, come by and say hello!

this event is only during the day (music is at night, lectures during the day), and we're right in the middle of it all so really hope to see some familiar faces and meet new people

and best news yet, we've got permission to actually make noise at the booth!  within limits (courtesy to other booths), but this at least opens up the chance of anyone who drops by being able to plug in.  before the permission, the booth was in 100% headphone mode hmm  i'll see how much i can wiggle this for some people being able to play a spot (there is a stage and music/DJ between on-stage demos, from my understanding), but at least there is a safe haven for chip at the KB booth where other people can hear it now, outside of fooling with the demo stations themselves wink

matt's mind

our booth at the Synthesis@Moogfest event will have a looping DVD.  this way, when people ask us ‘what in the world are you talking about, i’m so confused?’ we can just point to the TV!

DO YOU WANT TO BE ON THE DVD?  we need your live material!  (or if you have material you think might be as appropriate for this)

ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENTS:
— MUST be family-friendly in all regards.  this will be shown at an all-ages, open-to-the-public event, so please make sure anything in the video is appropriate for this type of setting.
— you MUST be using SOMETHING from Kitsch-Bent in the video.  preferably an item which is visible in the video, but if not at least something that can be demonstrated through the video.  we’ve got to relate it to Kitsch-Bent in some way or another.

here are the specifics for the video itself:
— 720p or 1080p preferred (lower will be obviously low rez in the dvd)
— video recorded from DSLR / handheld camera / good phone is preferred, but your file may need re-encoding on a PC / MAC
— its always best to start with a higher quality and move down from there, so if you have video in different resolutions please submit the highest/best you have.
— Max file size 200MB
— submit the audio tracks on their own if dubbing or quality is an issue.  this can be sorted out on our end. 

OUTPUT SETTINGS:
Quicktime H264, MP4 or AVI (xVid)
 H.264 @ 4mbps - 8mbps (VBR) - preference for 1280 x 720 (so 720p) at 30 fps.
 Audio set to uncompressed PCM (48khz) or AAC 320kbps.

if you'd like to submit something, please get in touch with me at: matt (aatt) kitsch-bent (ddoott) com, include "video submission" in the subject line

the chosen videos are just my own preference if space on the dvd becomes an issue.  might not even be based on the music itself, but perhaps the video quality.  so, bring your A game, in all aspects! 

full credit (via on-screen text, like a music video) will be given to the artist.  we imply no rights to what you submit for us to use in the dvd, and copies of the dvd won't be distributed.  i'm also planning on having deet sheets made with artist contact info so people can find you online when they get home.

i'd very much encourage you all to take advantage of the opportunity.  its an event with thousands of fans of electronic music, who basically by default of being there have open minds to many different musical forms and methodologies.

matt's mind

forgot maybe the most important part:  submission window is open for a week from when I posted this! 

so, get those in sooner rather than later wink

IL, US

why are you asking for 720p or 1080p when DVD is 480p? might send in something, just thought that was strange
edit: or are you using the term loosely, and its just going to be a looping video playlist?

Last edited by e.s.c. (Mar 28, 2014 9:08 pm)

matt's mind

the details are basically what cTrix requested, he's putting it together (i know basically nothing about working with video like this).  there was some reasoning for this in the email, but i forget,

submit whatever you've got though!

Dallas, Texas

I assume the need for a higher res version is cause this will likely be re encoded when putting the dvd together thus degrading the quality yet another cycle. If you re encode a 480 clip that was already encoded once at the same resolution you are going to be reducing the quality.

IL, US

yeah, maybe.. though the amount the video degrades by would be irrelevant if the original encodes were 480p at a higher bitrate/quality than dvd quality mpeg2.. think cTrix may have just gotten used to working in better quality than dvd allows for smile

matt's mind

whatever you've got, feel free to submit it  smile

matt's mind

getting in the car.

I EXPECT TO SEE YOU ALL THERE

you should really come by though, and play with all the things