Michigan

Bump

Alabama

We are working on the follow up post. Long story short, we had a popular exhibit. And met some cool folks. We'll go into detail about it soonish.

For now here's a selfie from the event.

Last edited by MaxDolensky (May 10, 2014 7:01 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

smile  badass

matt's mind

even when i just walk past a mirror and see my glasses darkened like that i feel like I should be in Death in June hmm

edit -- (for some weird reason, i associate sunglasses with Douglas P., not sure why...)

kitsch wrote:

even when i just walk past a mirror and see my glasses darkened like that i feel like I should be in Death in June hmm

edit -- (for some weird reason, i associate sunglasses with Douglas P., not sure why...)

Maybe they are your mask.  Are you a fan?

matt's mind

nooo.  not of DIJ.  very familiar though due to an earlier odd neofolk phase i went through around high school.   (however, the music itself i don't mind at all, its their lyrics and principles/etc that are the issue)

i'm on the complete other side of their ideal.  not my scene.  i don't really wish violence on anyone nor would administer it myself, however i would not stop it if anti-racists or some such were to beat them to a pulp.  that sort of thing. 

just something about sunglasses (seeing them on myself) screams 'oh snap, you look like douglas p, wtf' to me.  actually, i might photoshop a picture of oakleys onto a douglas p pic later for lols

anyways, /tangent i suppose haha

Just to clarify, I meant the music.  Yes, lyrics are a part of that, but...

I don't follow or involve myself with the beliefs of music I listen to, and this is funny because some of the musicians do include a lot of it in their songs, and some that I frequently listen to are at opposite extreme ends of the spectrum (if we look at it 2 dimensionally).  I didn't mean to imply anything or start an ideological discussion, so I am sorry for that.

I have seen a couple pics of him in sunglasses.  There are a few musicians who have incorporated sunglasses as a part of their look.

matt's mind

^ no worries smile  i didn't take it as an implication, at all

yeah, i relate to what you mean about lyrics in music.  i tend to not really hear words very well tbh, i hear the voice sort of like its another instrument (yes, i know its the original instrument, not quite what i mean tongue ).  sort of just wailing.  drove my ex nuts, actually, she was a no-music/all-lyrics listener

NSBM, for example, is a genre i particularly enjoy until I take a moment to hear the words (or try to) in the lyrics or read them.  then, i suppose because i'm a stubborn ideologue, i more or less stop myself because its tacit consent of the message.  but so many good nsbm bands.  so many maladjusted people in the world

I am much the same with lyrics, typically.  The voice is just another instrument.  This and my enjoyment of a wide variety of music, including a lot of traditional stuff from around the world, has been of benefit to me when I have traveled, since it allowed me to enjoy stuff that was around me.  Sometimes the local stuff was not appealing to others who were with me, and my appreciation seemed to only reinforce their view of my eccentricity.  I just like what I like, and I don't care much what others think of me or my tastes.  I do try to tone it down in certain places, or around certain people (children, for example).

Edit: The above isn't limited to music so "stuff" can include many things.  Another great example is food.  I love food.

I have never given NSBM a listen, but I have heard others say things along the lines of what you did.  I suppose it isn't a bad thing to stop listening to music that you like the sound of but disagree with the content of.  There are some who think that entertainment can be used to influence beliefs and such.

Last edited by rygD (May 10, 2014 11:05 pm)