Arizona
yogi wrote:
Limitbreak wrote:

Ok guys, I apologize in advance but I'm going to need a little bit of spoon feeding here. I've been looking at NES flash carts and I've been entertaining the idea of experimenting with Pulsar (admittedly because it's reportedly similar to LSDJ) but I read that Pulsar doesn't have a save function? How does that work? And do these carts have the ability to save files...?

I think I'm missing something here.

EDIT: I've found the right boards. Now to research Pulsar some more.

Pulsar does save your song data by virtue of the battery backed ram. You don't do any thing, the cart just remembers the current state of your data when you turn off your NES.
The Kazzo allows access to this Ram so you can save and  transfer the bin image to an emu or another cart.

This helps a lot, thank you. Hopefully some of these are still available after the holidays. I definitely want at least one cart and a transferer.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
Limitbreak wrote:

This helps a lot, thank you. Hopefully some of these are still available after the holidays. I definitely want at least one cart and a transferer.

INL is very active and he seems to be making boards on a regular basis. He has started a production run of cart cases that should be ready in the spring, so i'm guessing he will have a supply of carts also. The cool thing with his carts is they are 'universal' hardware wise. If you want a SNROM board, he flashes the  CPLD with the configuration for a SNROM and adds the ram and flash chips as needed. So one board to rule them all!
Yogi

Arizona

Great, I'm looking forward to it. You can't beat those prices...this is almost too good to be true.

SLC, UT

Just ordered last night! Can't wait!

Until he gets his shells made, is there any good place to get them? Retrozone seems to be out of stock.

Taichung, Taiwan
stargazer wrote:

Just ordered last night! Can't wait!

Until he gets his shells made, is there any good place to get them? Retrozone seems to be out of stock.

Local retro videogame store bro.

SLC, UT

I just don't like disassembling games just for the shell. But I guess I need to get over myself, nobody is going to miss that copy of NFL whatever.

Also the clear shells from bunnyboy look amazing.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
stargazer wrote:

I just don't like disassembling games just for the shell. But I guess I need to get over myself, nobody is going to miss that copy of NFL whatever.

Also the clear shells from bunnyboy look amazing.

Yea, not too many choices ATM! This was INL's motivation for commissioning molds, a steady supply.

SLC, UT

Well it looks like Retrozone has all shells back in stock, so I've ordered a clear shell!

Working on a label right now.

Last edited by stargazer (Dec 14, 2013 11:08 pm)

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
stargazer wrote:

Well it looks like Retrozone has all shells back in stock, so I've ordered a clear shell!

Working on a label right now.

Too cool. Been watching Retrozone's web site on a semi-daily basis, so must have been just this afternoon smile
Do hope you'll share  your lable design,please?

Arizona

Totally just bought a new NES in preparation for these carts and transferers. I'm very happy this post was made. This REALLY changes things for people wanting to get into NES music...while it lasts...you never know how long these products will be in stock.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
Limitbreak wrote:

Totally just bought a new NES in preparation for these carts and transferers. I'm very happy this post was made. This REALLY changes things for people wanting to get into NES music...while it lasts...you never know how long these products will be in stock.

LOL too cool.

SLC, UT

Hey Yogi, let me ask again how long shipping took? I ordered a week ago and haven't heard anything shipment wise. The FAQ says I should get a shipment confirmation, is that consistent with your experience?

Arizona
stargazer wrote:

Hey Yogi, let me ask again how long shipping took? I ordered a week ago and haven't heard anything shipment wise. The FAQ says I should get a shipment confirmation, is that consistent with your experience?

I ordered from them last night...I'll keep an eye on my email as well to let you know how my experience goes.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
stargazer wrote:

The first board I ordered took a little over a week if I recall. EDTI- ordered on Nov 20, shipped on Dec 2.. I got an email with tracking # when it shipped. Some of the time is setting up the board for a order. I don't think INL had a stock of pre-configured SXROM boards. So... With a up tick in demand for SX boards (hehehe) and the holidays, I expect it may take a little longer. That said, I know the waiting is painful! I too am waiting on an order. But INL is very responsive on NESDev.org so If you need to contact him it shouldn't be a problem.
It's worth it!
Yogi

Last edited by yogi (Dec 20, 2013 7:16 pm)

SLC, UT

Just updating to say that mine shipped this morning, so I'm expecting it this weekend.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
stargazer wrote:

Just updating to say that mine shipped this morning, so I'm expecting it this weekend.

Ditto! My second is on it's way smile
Yogi