Brooklyn NY US

After long months of toil and search in the Archive Mines, the process has now been completed of identifying, retrieving, and restoring the original material comprising the unfortunately-titled 2003 full-length album Life’s A Bit Shifter — along with several related musical artifacts, all carbon-dated as having coexisted in the same time period. Originally released ten years ago in a CD edition by 555 Recordings, the album has been out of print for most of the intervening time, and for some reason has been the object of interest of about three eBay trawlers who desperately sought drink coasters in a specific shade of blue and silver.

However now, thanks to the tireless efforts of mastering engineer Stephen Roessner of Calibrated Recording, the material sounds richer and healthier than ever, and is being prepared for reintroduction into a world it will surely not recognize. To ease its re-entry into a dauntingly futuristic society, the good and patient people at Hornbuckle Records are releasing it in a limited-run 10th-anniversary cassette edition, expanded with bonus material and ready to settle into its new home on your tape shelf.

Preorder now; tapes ship first week in January. 100 copies. Digital download with each purchase.

EDIT / UPDATE: Now also available as a standalone download via Bandcamp.

A01. The Connector Conspiracy
A02. March Of The Nucleotides
A03. The No Enemy Code
A04. Cursor War
A05. Magmadiver
A06. Inversion
A07. The Utopia Proclamation
A08. Permutation Cipher
A09. Charm, Beauty, Truth, And Strangeness

B01. Renegade Subroutine
B02. The Uncertainty Principle
B03. Parallax Barrier
B04. Inversion Redux
B05. Double Density
B06. The Dark Matter Mystery
B07. Maple Leaf Rag
B08. March Of The Nucleotides (mRNA Mix)

http://www.hornbucklerecords.com/#HORN010 · cassette + download
http://bit-shifter.bandcamp.com/album/l … it-shifter · standalone download

detroit

gimmmmmmmmmme

Abandoned on Fire

Nice! big_smile

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

This looks soooooo tight!!!

PS, write some new music you cheeky shite xo

Milwaukee, WI

But how am I supposed to set my drink on a cassette tape?

Brooklyn NY US

@TSC: it just takes some practice.

@AndrewKilpatrick: Haha thanks. I've been in a dry spell stretching years at this point, I think I may have lost whatever I'd had that passed for mojo. So while I'm waiting like a spurned, forgotten spouse for inspiration to return I figured I'd clean the place up a bit and try to get old shit organized & online again.

Unsubscribe
Bit Shifter wrote:

HORN-010

Joliette, QC, Canada

TABARNAK !!! YESSS

São Paulo, Brazil

ordered big_smile

Clermont-Ferrand, France
Bit Shifter wrote:

I think I may have lost whatever I'd had that passed for mojo. So while I'm waiting like a spurned, forgotten spouse for inspiration to return I figured I'd clean the place up a bit and try to get old shit organized & online again.

Epic words.

Ordered !

Brooklyn NY US

Standalone digital download now also available at http://bit-shifter.bandcamp.com/album/l … it-shifter

Brooklyn NY US

Also, thanks everybody.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:21 pm)

Brooklyn NY US

Hahaha — might take another ten years, at the rate I operate.

Bit Shifter wrote:

I've been in a dry spell stretching years at this point, I think I may have lost whatever I'd had that passed for mojo. So while I'm waiting like a spurned, forgotten spouse for inspiration to return I figured I'd clean the place up a bit and try to get old shit organized & online again.

There's unreleased stuff from your livesets I've been craving for ages. Like Under the Milky Way, your performance of which at 8static festival was I swear the best I've heard yet! I want a studio version of that track so bad (or just any version, really). So I'm pretty sure there's stuff you could be recording, and I don't doubt I'll think it's perfect when you do get around to putting it out. smile

Last edited by sergio (Dec 21, 2013 4:59 am)

Brooklyn NY US

Ahh, man. Thanks sergio. There's material waiting to be recorded, you're right about that — I've just been stuck going in circles about whether it would all work together as a single release, or whether the end result would be too inconsistent & patchy. But maybe (probably) I'm just overthinking this stuff. The vote of support is really appreciated in any case!