Alive and well in fucksville

a ltc1799 on a variable resistor piggybacks on the crystal. what then?  it is still using the original hardware, only feeding it a bogus signal. wouldnt that be more like a ram upgrade?

Unsubscribe

No because the CPU speed is clocked off that crystal. You clock it slower, it thinks slower affecting everything from reading the joypad inputs, to drawing the screen, to controlling the PAPU sound channels. Its like running a cassette tape slower, the pitch is lower but so is everything else.

Michigan
bitjacker wrote:

Lol, not exactly how it works.:P

how does it work?

The CPU performs manipulations of bits and bytes at addresable memory locations. Each process requires no thought per se. It will do no more or no less than it would in a single clock cycle when the speeds are altered.

The only time you see different reactions to the limited commands is when it starts losing data or accessing data before it actually gets to the specific locations.

Alive and well in fucksville

so if everything is happening slower doesnt that rule out pushing hardware past its limit? I wanna test this. what exactly do i need to do with the v command to crash my dmg?

Unsubscribe

Use it a lot.