St. Charles, MO

I like every type of music (to an extent) so from fave to hate:

Alternative rock
All other types of rock
90's anything
Trance/Happy Hardcore (often one and the same)
Chip
Ska
Eurobeat
2000's anything
Drum and bass
All other electronic except dubstep and it's subgenres
Industrial
Other decades except 80's
Rap with real music
2010's pop
Christmas music
Folk & Blues
Dubstep
Rap without music
80's anything. I hate 80's.

If you can think of any genres I missed, lemme know and I'll add them where they'd go!

EDIT: Added genres

Last edited by ShinigamiMachine (Dec 20, 2013 2:07 am)

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Sludgepop
Mathcore
Zan-Zan-Zawa-Wave

UK
ShinigamiMachine wrote:

Alternative rock
All other types of rock
80's. I hate 80's.

What about 80s rock?

Joliette, QC, Canada

Demoscene
Chipmusic
Jungle
Punk
Metal (death, power, black, speed, thrash, etc...)
Experimental Hip-Hop

UK, Leicester

post-translucent salmon core

Pisstaking aside, I can listen to most things bar country and western and anything horribly indie/experimental

TX

I don't think there's any musical genre I am inherently biased against, but I'm a sucker for folk, sloppy indie rock, and IDM or whatever the kids are calling it these days.

Milwaukee, WI
ShinigamiMachine wrote:

I like every type of music (to an extent) so from fave to hate:

Alternative rock
All other types of rock
90's anything
Trance/Happy Hardcore (often one and the same)
Chip
Ska
2000's anything
Drum and bass
All other electronic except dubstep and it's subgenres
Other decades
Rap with real music
2010's pop
Christmas music
Dubstep
Rap without music
80's. I hate 80's.

If you can think of any genres I missed, lemme know and I'll add them where they'd go!

How old are you?

Indie rock, alternative rock, and chip/electronic.

Arizona

When it comes to electronic music, I tend to stick with HHC, gabber, terror, speedcore, noisecore, harshnoise, 80's acid house, rave breaks, drum and bass...

I also listen to a lot of crust punk, anarcho-punk, hardcore punk, sludge metal, death metal, grindcore, "Cascadian" blackmetal, doom metal, funeral doom, and thrash. But honestly, I can find something I like in almost any genre. I love hip hop and old country music as well...I can go on and on.

detroit

hip hop, breakcore, noise, drone, ambient, juke/footwork/ghettotech, shoegaze, idm, motivational, doom, sludge, grind, acid, post-rock, math, psych, and folk.

edit: pretty much everything but modern country, polka, and "popular" radio music.

Last edited by barbeque (Dec 19, 2013 5:56 pm)

Kinda hard to put a label on some stuff I like, but things that stick out include pre-war blues, some industrial/post-industrial stuff (Not so much of the dancey stuff. More the noisy and ambient stuff, as well as the stuff that people get angry over, such as neofolk and military pop).  Some metal and rock as well as some pop out of the 50s, 60s and 80s.  Some traditional music of various regions and cultures.  Lots of other stuff.  There is a lot I don't like, too.

Arizona
rygD wrote:

industrial/post-industrial stuff (Not so much of the dancey stuff.)

You mean like darkwave and futurepop? Stuff like VNV Nation or Covenant?

I love that shit.

r&b, net music, surf rock

NC in the US of America

Just sayin'... there's way more to 80's music than just the stuff they play on "VH1's Most Awesomely Bad Songs of the 80's"

Limitbreak wrote:
rygD wrote:

industrial/post-industrial stuff (Not so much of the dancey stuff.)

You mean like darkwave and futurepop? Stuff like VNV Nation or Covenant?

I love that shit.

I am not a huge fan of futurepop and such, but I have friends who are into it.  I listen to it from time to time.  That is actually some of what I was trying to include when I said "not so much the dancey stuff". 

If it falls under the major genre(s) there is a pretty good chance I am cool with it.  The reason I said it is hard to label some of what I like is because a lot of the post-industrial stuff is so amorphous, and if you try to include everything that was inspired or some way related to industrial then you include a lot of music.  Even if you go with a more conservative understanding you have a lot of cross over with other types of music, and the same person or group under the same name can have a wide range of sounds.  I could try to give you a list of stuff I like, but it would be missing a ton.

To make things simpler, sure, I listen to the mainstream stuff sometimes, but it is not usually what I listen to.

Edit: Or did I completely miss what you were saying?

Last edited by rygD (Dec 19, 2013 6:31 pm)

AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

Sludgepop
Mathcore
Zan-Zan-Zawa-Wave

:3~

post-punk, no-wave and 1st & 2nd wave industrial esp. Throbbing Gristle, Einstuerzende Neubauten, Suicide
industrial metal - dunno if this genre exists in any cohesive form, but I'm essentially talking about Godflesh and Thorns
a lot of music with female vocals, eternal favourites are Bjork, Liz Fraser, Dagmar Krause, Edith Piaf, Janelle Monae, Billie Holiday
lotsa old funky prog rock; Magma, King Crimson, Henry Cow, Gentle Giant and Cos are best, also Can "Ege Bamyasi"
silly dancy samplecore ie. My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult
bands I loved before I got on the internet are like SFA, Radiohead, Manics etc.
everything to do with King Buzzo, Mike Patton, Steve Albini & Blixa Bargeld
finally the Klonoa 2 soundtrack is still the best game soundtrack since the last time anyone asked