Hi everyone.
                   I am thinking about doing the front light mod using SP front light. I have heard that there are vertical lines on the screen after installation. What are they like? Are they bad enough to stop anyone from recommending the mod?

Not if you do it right.

Not sure how soon, but I think there are frontlights for the color coming soonish so you don't have to harvest them from SPs.

Awesome. Where about did you hear news of this? I will likely hold off for one of them

Santa Cruz, California

Yeah. If there's gonna be a CGB lighting kit, some additional information wold be awesome.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/1210/page/85/

Check posts 2 through 5 or so.

Last edited by rygD (Dec 22, 2013 12:38 pm)

Alive and well in fucksville

The frontlight mod is a fun challange. the end result is stunning. the lines are actually really cool. just 1 bit of advice for you... do not set the plastic into the cgb until you know the right way to put it. i promise you will have scratches in it forever if you so much as look at it wrong. touching it will also wreck it. you need a 47 ohm resistor and a broken sp from ebay. (you dont have to snip the ribbon cable for the record)
I got lucky on mine because the sp that i bought for $28 that was listed as is was only dirty. I kept the lcd intact and resold it for about $22

Last edited by bitjacker (Dec 22, 2013 7:31 pm)

Madriz, Supain

Id love to have a light colour, the faster cpu is amazing. Too bad it sounds like shit hmm

Alive and well in fucksville

prosounding is absoluteley necessary because you need to amplify the signal to get any good sound out of it

Straya Mate
bitjacker wrote:

just 1 bit of advice for you...