uhajdafdfdfa

Which do you think is better (who's music do you prefer) from these two? For a survey... thanks. smile

Philly/NY

Shiiiiiiit, that's tough. I think I'd have to go with Aphex Twin on this, but I don't think I've heard enough Vangelis to make a fair decision. I do love that Blade Runner soundtrack though...

Minneapolis

Vangelis. Hands down.

It's a tough call. Both have really good songs.

I'd side with Vangelis solely on the fact he made the Bladerunner soundtrack.

A gray world of dread

Ugh, that's pretty apples and oranges. But since you qualified the question with personal preference, I'll go with RDJ (that is, including his many aliases, foremost the stuff he released as Aphex Twin and AFX). In the long run I can get more out of his music, especially since it has an insanely high re-listening value for me. There's all these little details that make me go 'woah' even after the n-th listen.

A gray world of dread

Oh, and Chariots of Fire will forever make me giggle uncontrollable because of QWOP

Huddersfield, UK

Aphex Twin, I will never get sick of songs like; Xtal, Rhubarb, Fingerbib, Blue Calx, Flim, Alberto Balsalm, Lichen etc etc

New York City

I think I'll go with Aphex Twin for variety of output. Jarre has his style which he sticks to, whereas AFX can do a bunch of very different things (hence his many aliases)

A gray world of dread
akira^8GB wrote:

Jarre

Wrong dude, but your argument still holds wink

Enid, OK

Vangelis.

Rochester, NY

Autechre.

Adelaide, Australia
µB wrote:

that's pretty apples and oranges

^ This. But I definitely listen to Aphex Twin more, though I'm quite selective with his music. Does anyone listen to any Tomita?

New York, New York

I would not compare the two.

If you were going on personal preferences: there's a lot of electro-acoustic composers out there. RDJ is a master, but there's heaps of his contemporaries!

uhajdafdfdfa

Ok, it's pretty "apples and oranges", but what's wrong with that? I prefer apples. big_smile

NorthTtrrrway

they are the same person

Athens, Greece

vangelis