San Diego

LukHash just dropped another video of Supremacy/Overlord remix. Passing it along as I tend to do.

Minneapolis

I absolutely loved Overlord on the NES, so this is just fun to hear. It's also cool to see a live set where the musicians do more than headbang after pressing start. smile

San Diego

I like what he's done since he got that Launchpad.

London

Never heard of Overlord, but loved the video.

SLC, UT

Can someone shed some light on what they're running on the C64s?

I have long loved his music.  Based on his website he uses cynthcart, nanoloop 1.3, 1.5 and lsdj (as well as other stuff).  I am pretty sure he is using cynthcart here.

San Diego

Yep, it's cynthcart. I've got it as well but been having issues getting my C64 up and running. I know he also has MSSIAH but don't think he used it on this piece.

I have wanted a c64 or 2 and cynthcart and/or mssiah.  I have been considering cynthcart for years since i was pleased with the original (synthcart) i have used off and on for almost a decade.

When you get your rig up and running will we get a review of cynthcart?

Arad, Romania

BTW, can you use a C64 with the Mssiah cartridge as a MIDI instrument in a DAW (say FL Studio)? From what I remember, you can, but you obviously have to program the sounds on the C64.

San Diego
rygD wrote:

When you get your rig up and running will we get a review of cynthcart?

I'd love to when I can finally get around to it. tongue

qb wrote:

BTW, can you use a C64 with the Mssiah cartridge as a MIDI instrument in a DAW (say FL Studio)? From what I remember, you can, but you obviously have to program the sounds on the C64.

Yes you can, it has a single MIDI input on top of the cart. If I remember correctly it also has a sequencer built into the program. Tweaking the sounds should be easy and I know you can use the C64 mouse to better navigate the settings. At least that's what I was told by someone I was trying to buy it from off eBay.