United Kingdom

A little over a week ago, I ordered a 64m EMS Usb cart from Kitsch-bent.com
It arrived quickly and I immediately set to flashing a demo of LSDJ onto it, as I'm yet to buy the full version. It booted fine the first time, but when I came back to it the second time, I was treated to a garbled mess on the main pattern and junk waves. Attempts to delete it were futile as I couldn't even select the song when going into the menu. Apparently all blocks were completely filled.

At first I thought it was a hardware issue with my DMG, but I tested three other games cartridges and they all worked perfectly.
I made sure colour mode was left unchecked when flashing the cartridge too.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by Afrowolf (Dec 30, 2013 9:03 pm)

New Albany Indiana

You say it is the demo version?

The demo version wont allow you to sav so it might be that.

United Kingdom

I thought that for a minute but surely the demo version would give you a blank canvas to doodle on?

Unsubscribe

Yea thats kinda messed up. Maybe Demo LSDJ tries to zap sram that doesnt exist?

Last edited by herr_prof (Dec 30, 2013 9:26 pm)

United Kingdom

Okay, I went into the menu and reset memory by hovering over the Load/Save and pressing Select and A at the same time, after the process, the garbled mess is still there, pressing start treats you to the worst noise ever...

Unsubscribe

The demo rom is really old, so just hurry up and get the updated rom for it. Who knows it could be a bug that only exists in that super old lsdj version.

United Kingdom

I found a newer yet not latest version floating around on the internet (4.0.5) and it does exactly the same thing.
(I'm going to delete it after I find a solution, pitchforks down, I ain't no thief.)

Sweeeeeeden

The demo version should clear the memory completely, but apparently this doesn't happen for some reason. In my test, at least the settings in the project screen were random (preserved) on the first boot. Not sure what's going on there. This sounds like a bug and I'll report it to Johan. This nonwithstanding, you cartridge may be faulty.

Unsubscribe

Try cleaning your gameboy, and then the cart pins.. if not that then maybe send the cart back.

New Albany Indiana

If cleaning it doesn't work kick it.

United Kingdom

Just got this error message:

Please mail this data to Info at littlesounddj.com

Rom:01 v4.0.5
7494       STK:DF90
027D
6555      LIV:0
0006      PLY:0
3f65       CVW:6
1e4D     CGB:0
0006     GBA:0
3F03     GMB:0
8665     SYN:0
0146     AST:1

Unsubscribe

so do it! big_smile

United Kingdom

Is this of any use to anyone in terms of ascertaining what is happening?
Now every single field has FE as a value.

Lun-dun

Not sure if this is relevant but the "real" LSDJ messed up one of my saveod songs by moving all the commands and instrument assignments around so hardly any notes sound and those that do don't have the carefully worked out effects on them. It even got rid of all my "k"s. The weird thing is that all the other songs were unaffected. I've got a backup saved somewhere but I've not loaded it up yet.

Your issue certainly sounds odd but idf I've learned anything from chipping it's to expect the completely illogical and unexpected!

United Kingdom

Thing is, this isn't affecting any save, I haven't even been given the opportunity to [expletive] start. This happens even when the SRAM is wiped, and the program is allowed to generate it itself.

More info; LSDJ crashes whenever I use select to cycle to the instrument table.

I was on LSDJ for a few hours the other day and right after I saved my mum decided to unplug me from the mains assuming it would magically switch to batteries (which i didn't have in). After turning it back on I was presented with a similar screen with loads of random notes and instruments that were all errors basically.

I fixed it by going into the save menu and when it asked if i wanted to discard changes I selected yes so it reverted back to the last saved version where everything was present and correct.

I know you're using the demo rather than the full version but I hope this helps.