King's Lynn, UK

OK, so I know that using an Arduinoboy, or similar, LSDJ can accept Midi and LSDJ can change notes in small amounts, using pitch bends. Does this mean that I can send a note to LSDJ using Midi that is not a perfect note?

For example: If I want to send Middle C to the GameBoy, i send 60, I want to send C#, i send 61. Can I send 60.5?

Cheers.

Well, it's (as far as i know) impossible to send a note like 60,5. Since you don't have half bits etc.

It would be theoretically possible to send pitch bed info to lsdj and adjust the fine tuning of pulse 1. (Thinking out loud here)
But I don't think that's included in the arduinoboy version smile

Would be a cool idea tho.

You can program false notes in LSDJ, but I don't know if it's accurate enough for semitonality and I don't know if you can send it in.

Matthew Joseph Payne

I don't believe MIDI functions that way with LSDJ...

You can get microtone stuff on one voice pretty easily though by detuning PU2 on the instrument screen.
You can also use tables to E00 then P01 then P00 to stop the pitch from shifting, followed by the actual E command you want.

Unsubscribe

You would probably have better luck doing this with MGB. Lsdj midi in doesnt support pitchbend.