Alive and well in fucksville

back lights are only $15

hiding under your bed

And as I mentioned before, the paint is $4 at walmart. I've used it before. I was gonna buy more the other day but decided against it in favor of some new glow-in-the-dark paint.

Taichung, Taiwan

Your other items on your eBay page seems to have reasonably priced items.

Your replaypoker profile is funny.

http://www.replaypoker.com/profile/americasteam7

the clear version came out in 1995

Arizona

NC in the US of America

I saw this thread earlier but didn't want to say anything, but... egh...

I think it was the Game Boy Clear version. Was that system released in a different year? If so please let me know which year so I can edit my listing.

Google is your friend. Homework is so much easier with Google. :3

I realize now that rare in this forum community means that the item has to come from the manufacturer directly and can't me a custom made model.

I'm pretty sure you suspected as such when you made your first post, considering the fact that you preemptively defended your use of the word, haha.

Good luck selling this thing.

Unsubscribe

I guess some emperors clothes are finer than others big_smile

katsumbhong wrote:
americasteam7 wrote:

Yes. And if you don't like the price then don't buy it and don't curse me out. I posted it $250 only if someone wanted it bad enough to not risk losing a bidding war. Otherwise people can bid for it and possibly win it for $110 or less dude.

You are price gouging our community. You poison the internet.

What is wrong with trying to sell something? I am trying to make end's meat hear guys. Stop hating on me.

Taichung, Taiwan

People like you over flood the market with overpriced goods. You are price gouging the community.

Your gameboy is worth maybe $70-$80 shipped.

There will not be a bidding war on it where someone will want it for $250.

Why are you trying to rip us off?

Last edited by katsumbhong (Jan 9, 2014 12:04 am)

katsumbhong wrote:

People like you over flood the market with overpriced goods. You are price gouging the community.

Oh yeah. Then why do I already have 4 watchers on it?

katsumbhong wrote:

Also how the heck did you find my profile on replaypoker????

Taichung, Taiwan
americasteam7 wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

That's called people that don't know any better.

Arizona
americasteam7 wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

Also how the heck did you find my profile on replaypoker????

Let me Google that for you.

Last edited by Limitbreak (Jan 9, 2014 12:24 am)

Alabama

Obvious flaws:
- bundling Tetris and batteries "so it is ready to play when it arrives at your door" is thriving on bullshit nostalgia
- your bundled items unneccessarily boost the selling price. Stuff like that in this scene is considered "baggage," most people want ONLY the Gameboy.
- your lack of inclusion of a prosound mod which is deemed standard for the most part when selling modified Gameboys to chipmusic artists
- A spotty paint job (some parts of the painting are uneven and let you see through the case)
- lack of prosound mod it requires someone be able to install it themselves, which then leads one to ponder "I could probably do a shit paint job and wire in a backlight myself. Why not just do something like this all myself?"

Such aggressive behavior with the pricing shows how greedy you are. Check out these consoles for sale at kitsch-bent or at ASM Retro or even 8bitaesthetics.. Those dudes sometimes have Gameboys sit in their shops for years before they sell.

I promise you that ALL of those Gameboys were modified by hands with a better reputation than yours, and probably more talent. If they can't move their stylish and tastefully painted boutique-level Gameboys, you are a greedy dude for hoping someone buys yours for $99. A greedy dude who hopes either some dumb buyer or a fella with too much money on a nostalgia trip nabs it.

I fucking dare you to tell me you put more work into developing your painting skills, hunting down hardware that works given its age, and you bothered to make sure that your product was labelled and tagged in a way that would be conducive to you selling it.

tl;dr Lowering your price is a move I would recommend you make. The aesthetics of your item and the price of it are an insult to those who make custom Gameboys true art, OP.

americasteam7 wrote:

Bad publicity is still publicity, dipshit.

Last edited by MaxDolensky (Jan 9, 2014 1:02 am)

Melbourne, Australia

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messagevie … did=118153

New Orleans, Louisiana

Oh man my sides. Cause everyone here likes "muh nostalgia" prices, hahahaha.

Last edited by shanebro (Jan 9, 2014 1:18 am)