This is an original DMG-01 GameBoy system from 1989 that is custom painted Gold/clear. It is painted gold under a clear casing, enhanced with a beautiful red backlight, and strengthened with NES buttons which are far more comfortable than the old purple bulky ones. It comes with Tetris, Batteries, manuals for both the game and system, and original clear case for the game boy with the original Nintendo customer service information on the Back!! This item is NO RESERVE!! This is a one of a kind ultra rare custom system lot. It is in unbelievable shape and it works flawlessly. This GameBoy is Gorgeous. Yes I am the seller. lol. Please contact me if you have any questions. And please bid or buy it now if you have any interest! Good luck!!!!

P.S. Don't say anything about it eing not rare just because it is a custom system. The definition of "Rare" in the dictionary is "Not occurring very often." And an original GameBoy system that is custom painted gold under a clear casing almost never shows up online.

Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 1027459517

Tacoma WA

I moved this to the correct forum for ya

Taichung, Taiwan

Buy it now price for $250 + shipping?

clovis CA

specs say its a gameboy color, description says its a gameboy light, also says extremely rare like its not modded lol
looks cool, but i think you should say its a dmg through out your listing

Matthew Joseph Payne

I use this plugin called Dictionary of Numbers that adds a point of reference to most numerical values. I thought this was amusing.

Taichung, Taiwan

Chiptune music is based of using out of date gaming and computer hardware. That means that we're not looking to spend a whole lot of cash to begin with. A lot of us use emulators for crying out loud! If modders really believe in the chiptune scene and want to see amazing music being made by talented people, I don't feel they should be price gouging with their mediocre products.

I hate seeing sellers on ebay trying to pawn off their internal prosound, inverted backlight dmgs on ebay for hundreds of dollars.

I'm a modder and it pisses me off seeing people try to pull shit like this. Flawless, ultra rare, custom, one of a kind, beautiful. Are you kidding me? $110+ for a clear gameboy with some paint and a backlight?!?!

If I add the word rare, it means I can charge more, right?

Did you just make this account to post in the for sale thread?

Last edited by katsumbhong (Jan 8, 2014 8:03 pm)

Tacoma WA
katsumbhong wrote:

Chiptune music is based of using out of date gaming and computer hardware. That means that we're not looking to spend a whole lot of cash to begin with. A lot of us use emulators for crying out loud! If modders really believe in the chiptune scene and want to see amazing music being made by talented people, I don't feel they should be price gouging with their mediocre products.

I hate seeing sellers on ebay trying to pawn off their internal prosound, inverted backlight dmgs on ebay for hundreds of dollars.

I'm a modder and it pisses me off seeing people try to pull shit like this. Are you kidding me? $110+ for a clear gameboy with some paint and a backlight?!?!

not rare

vintage!

if it was originally in a clear case i dont think its Original 1989 dude

sandneil wrote:

if it was originally in a clear case i dont think its Original 1989 dude

I think it was the Game Boy Clear version. Was that system released in a different year? If so please let me know which year so I can edit my listing.

katsumbhong wrote:

I'm a modder and it pisses me off seeing people try to pull shit like this. Flawless, ultra rare, custom, one of a kind, beautiful. Are you kidding me? $110+ for a clear gameboy with some paint and a backlight?!?!

Yes. And if you don't like the price then don't buy it and don't curse me out. I posted it $250 only if someone wanted it bad enough to not risk losing a bidding war. Otherwise people can bid for it and possibly win it for $110 or less dude.

hiding under your bed

I tell ya' what, bud.
How about I go pick up the $4 can of gold spraypaint at Walmart and throw together an identical DMG (well, with an ASM shell instead of Nintendo, but w/e), and I'll even throw in an internal prosound or PCB-mount prosound, and I'll sell it to you for $85 shipped.

And I'm pretty sure that's an orange backlight. Doesn't look red to me, anyway.

infradead wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

not rare

vintage!

heh, I remember when I used to come across craigslist posts for "vintage" GBA SPs.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Jan 8, 2014 9:58 pm)

katsumbhong wrote:

Also I edited the listing to not confuse people or make them mad. I realize now that rare in this forum community means that the item has to come from the manufacturer directly and can't me a custom made model.

PianoGameboy wrote:

I tell ya' what, bud.
How about I go pick up the $4 can of gold spraypaint at Walmart and throw together an identical DMG (well, with an ASM shell instead of Nintendo, but w/e), and I'll even throw in an internal prosound or PCB-mount prosound, and I'll sell it to you for $85 shipped.

And I'm pretty sure that's an orange backlight. Doesn't look red to me, anyway.

Its red it just looks orange in the picture. And no I will not take your offer I'm not in the interest of buying only selling gameboys. Go sell it on ebay if you want I don't care. Plus your system idea is without a backlight.

hiding under your bed

No, when I say identical, I mean it. NES buttons, red (or orange) backlight, clear shell painted gold from the inside, prosound. $85 shipped.
I just figured since the backlight went without saying since I said identical. I'm even gonna include a copy of Tetris and the manuals.
I wasn't offering to sell to you anyway. I was poking fun and pointing out that even $110 is a bit much for something like this.
And btw, general forum etiquette is to make an account and hang around the other boards for a bit before going straight into trying to sell your stuff to everyone. Lurk a bit and maybe figure out if what you have is worth what you want to charge for it.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Jan 8, 2014 10:15 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

I don't think you understand what's going on here, americasteam7.

Last edited by kineticturtle (Jan 8, 2014 10:12 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan
americasteam7 wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

Yes. And if you don't like the price then don't buy it and don't curse me out. I posted it $250 only if someone wanted it bad enough to not risk losing a bidding war. Otherwise people can bid for it and possibly win it for $110 or less dude.

You are price gouging our community. You poison the internet.